Windows 10: Windows 10 license code on new SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 license code on new SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought notebook in Germany with preinstalled Windows 10 Home, german version. Now I had to replace SSD drive because original SSD stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Peter Rusnak, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 license code on new SSD

Hi,

I bought notebook in Germany with preinstalled Windows 10 Home, german version.

Now I had to replace SSD drive because original SSD stopped working. I downloaded Win 10, US version but during installation i have problem with licensing. To be honest before my old SSD drive died, I wrote down my license number, which i got by running VB script from this online webpage:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/find-windows-10-product-key-using-vb-script

How can I reuse old license ? Is it problem with localization, should I download installation medium with german localization?

I replaced only SSD drive, nothing else.

Best regards,

Peter Rusnak

:)

Peter Rusnak, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 license code on new SSD

Windows 10 Upgrade - New SSD

I had the same question and got a great answer. Hope this helps!

Here is 10 steps to Windows 10 (from windows 7 home pro)

1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Scroll down and click "download tool now"

3. Open and follow prompt and put installer as an ISO or put on USB drive

4. go to Computer Properties and Write down your Microsoft Product Code BEFORE MOVING ON TO STEP 5!

5. Install new SSD

6. Start PC and boot from new windows 10 USB or DVD

7. Install windows 10 on new SSD

8. Activate your new windows 10 with your Microsoft product code

9. Copy over old files from old SSD

10. Enjoy Windows 10!

AlexFrostdaPimp, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 license code on new SSD

1. Windows 10 license code on new SSD - Similar Threads - license code SSD

2. Can't transfer digital license for Windows 10 Pro to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't transfer digital license for Windows 10 Pro to new SSD: My old SSD Samsung 970 is failing. I installed a new SSD Samsung 980, same capacity of 2TB with a new copy of Windows 10. I used the 5x5 Windows activation key, but the new version of Windows is Home whereas I had purchased an installed the Pro version on the old SSD. I can...
  3. Can't transfer digital license for Windows 10 Pro to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer digital license for Windows 10 Pro to new SSD: My old SSD Samsung 970 is failing. I installed a new SSD Samsung 980, same capacity of 2TB with a new copy of Windows 10. I used the 5x5 Windows activation key, but the new version of Windows is Home whereas I had purchased an installed the Pro version on the old SSD. I can...
  4. Activating new SSD with the old license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating new SSD with the old license: Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i upgraded to win 11. My license is : OEM_COA_NSLP channel.Can i copy the license?...
  5. Activating new SSD with the old license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating new SSD with the old license: Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i upgraded to win 11. My license is : OEM_COA_NSLP channel.Can i copy the license?...
  6. Upgrading Windows 7 license on HDD to Windows 10 license on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 7 license on HDD to Windows 10 license on new SSD: Hi, I have an old Toshiba PC with Windows 7 OEM and HDD. I plan to replace the HDD with an SSD and install Windows 10 21H1. I created the installation media with the Media Creation Tool on a USB stick from another computer of mine. What should I do to upgrade from a Windows 7...
  7. Upgrade Windows 7 License on HDD to Windows 10 License on new SSD

Upgrade Windows 7 License on HDD to Windows 10 License on new SSD: Hi, I have an old Toshiba PC with Windows 7 OEM and HDD. I plan to replace the HDD with an SSD and install Windows 10 21H1. I created the installation media with the Media Creation Tool on a USB stick from another computer of mine. What should I do to upgrade from a Windows 7...
  8. Install an existing Windows 10 license on a new SSD

Install an existing Windows 10 license on a new SSD: In order to speed up my computer I'd like to create another copy of my licensed on a new Single State Drive. Is this possible? How would I do it? Thanks....
  9. Restore Windows 10 license on new SSD hard drive

Restore Windows 10 license on new SSD hard drive: Hi! I want to change my laptop's hard drive for an SSD unit. I just want to make sure that my original Windows 10 license can be transferred with no issues to the new hard drive. Is that possible? Thank you very much!...
  10. Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard: Hi, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need to activate...