Windows 10: Windows 10 license deleted with VM

Discus and support Windows 10 license deleted with VM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a Hyper-V session running in which I licensed Windows 10 on the VM. I have since deleted the VM. I have started a new VM instance and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SeanDonnachie1, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 license deleted with VM

I had a Hyper-V session running in which I licensed Windows 10 on the VM.

I have since deleted the VM.

I have started a new VM instance and I would like to somehow reuse the same license. Can it be done?

All VM's old or new are on the same computer.

Thanks

:)

SeanDonnachie1, Aug 31, 2020

2. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization.

I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur
    1. I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license
      • Does it need to be a retail license?
      • Or can I a buy an OEM license? (I’ll always use the 2nd license for a virtual machine on the same PC but never run more then one VM at a time)
    2. If i wanted to create multiple VMs (gen-1 and gen-2) could I use that 2nd license each time? Again, assuming i'll never actually having more then one VM running at a time.
    3. And just curious: Does anyone know if MS simply recognizes 2 licenses both for the same PC? If I did a fresh reinstall in the future, would it make any difference which license i lthen used for the PC and which for the VM?

ComputerGeek, Aug 31, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Windows 10 VM license

Exactly.

When you go to the evaluation site you can download a complete ISO of Windows 10.

Below is a link step by step with screen shots on how to create a VM in Hyper-V using the ISO that you download from the evaluation site.

Link says Windows 8.1 but works the same in Windows 10.

The trial copies are fully functional so it is perfect for testing purposes.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/20...

SarahKong, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Pat_BBE Win User

Windows 10 license deleted with VM

VM Licenses

I'm using a Dell PC with a factory installed OEM version of Windows 10 Pro.

My work requires me to use program editing software from many different vendors, these software titles often don't work well and can cause issue with the PC they are installed on. My thought is to isolate them by using VMs with the software for each vendor
    installed on it's own VM - isolated from my Host and the other VMs I would use for other editors.

My new PC with Win10 OEM would be the host. Only 1 VM would be used on the host at a time but there would be as many as 10 different VMs I could run on the host.

Can I copy my host OS to the VM with my OEM license?

If I can't, and I need a new license for the VMs can I use 1 license for the multiple VMs?

Is there an upgrade from OEM to FPP ?

Pat

Pat_BBE, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 license deleted with VM

1. Windows 10 license deleted with VM - Similar Threads - license deleted

2. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.: HiI installed Window 10 Pro with my license key in a VMWare Workstation machine.There was some issue with the Workstation so I ended deleting my the virtual machine, however, when I installed new Virtual machine Virtual box this time and tried to use the same license, it says...
  3. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.: HiI installed Window 10 Pro with my license key in a VMWare Workstation machine.There was some issue with the Workstation so I ended deleting my the virtual machine, however, when I installed new Virtual machine Virtual box this time and tried to use the same license, it says...
  4. Reclaim License key from deleted VMware Workstation machine.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Best Practice For Deleting Licensed Windows 10 In Virtual Machine And Starting Anew

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Practice For Deleting Licensed Windows 10 In Virtual Machine And Starting Anew: Hi, I use a VMWare Workstation Player 17 the free version to run a licensed Windows 10 operating system.I use this VM to practice and run programs and stay isolated from my main system.The VM is running slow, and I am trying to troubleshoot this.I would like to wipe the VM...
  6. Best Practice For Deleting Licensed Windows 10 In Virtual Machine And Starting Anew

Best Practice For Deleting Licensed Windows 10 In Virtual Machine And Starting Anew: Hi, I use a VMWare Workstation Player 17 the free version to run a licensed Windows 10 operating system.I use this VM to practice and run programs and stay isolated from my main system.The VM is running slow, and I am trying to troubleshoot this.I would like to wipe the VM...
  7. Best Practice For Deleting Licensed Windows 10 In Virtual Machine And Starting Anew

8. Hello. I require guidance on how to recover my Win 10 Pro license please that was deleted...

Hello. I require guidance on how to recover my Win 10 Pro license please that was deleted...: Hello. I require guidance on how to recover my Win 10 Pro license please. Basically, I have a windows 10 pro license that came with the desktop computer that I purchased. Recently during the last 6 months, the windows system has become somewhat unstable due to a diver clash...
  9. Hello. I require guidance on how to recover my Win 10 Pro license please that was deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I require guidance on how to recover my Win 10 Pro license please that was deleted...: Hello. I require guidance on how to recover my Win 10 Pro license please. Basically, I have a windows 10 pro license that came with the desktop computer that I purchased. Recently during the last 6 months, the windows system has become somewhat unstable due to a diver clash...
  10. Hello. I require guidance on how to recover my Win 10 Pro license please that was deleted...