Windows 10: Windows 10 license genuinity

Discus and support Windows 10 license genuinity in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I found local guy selling windows 10 Pro retail license for suspiciously low price. I bought one to see whether windows will get activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yuri Mr., Mar 7, 2019.

1. Yuri Mr. Win User

Windows 10 license genuinity

Hello,

I found local guy selling windows 10 Pro retail license for suspiciously low price.

I bought one to see whether windows will get activated.

I used it on virtual machine and sure enough it seems OK.

As it should be retail licence I intend to use on new desktop PC I wanted to check whether it will transfer to another PC with no problem.

So I created another virtual machine on another host and tried licence key on that machine as well.

PC got activated so I now ended up with 2 PCs (vitrual) that are activated using one retail product key.

I tried downloading updates to see if windows PCs will connect to MS servers and be allowed to download latest updates = success

I thought that I would not be ale to activate same product key on another PC. Especially if it's online.

Is there any way to see if I was sold genuine licence key or this guy/company is selling one retail key to many people?

I want to be legally safe as a buyer.

PS: I'm not looking for "You should buy only from microsoft and licensed partners" kind of answer, as this situation might apply also for 'licensed partners'. You would be surprised how many certified companies are scamming people.

:)

Yuri Mr., Mar 7, 2019
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Get Genuine License Or OLP

Dear All,

I'm Eko. I have a company with more than 30 PC's. We do have OLP license installed in our PC's. But some of them have pirated windows 7 (not genuine). I was suggested by one of my colleague and purchasing staff in my company to buy Windows Get Genuine License.
    This makes me confused why I must buy Get Genuine License instead of OLP. So, my questions are, first, which one is better, to buy windows get genuine license or OLP license?

secondly, is get genuine license the same with OEM that both of them cannot be transferred to other PC within my company.

Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

Eko Y

Eko Yudrawan, Mar 7, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 license genuinity - Similar Threads - license genuinity

2. I have a windows product key. I need to check if that product key is genuine licensed or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows product key. I need to check if that product key is genuine licensed or...: Windows 8 is the windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-product-key-i-need-to-check-if/3b0d110f-6e7b-4d57-aef9-58bca1042cf7
  3. I have a windows product key. I need to check if that product key is genuine licensed or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a windows product key. I need to check if that product key is genuine licensed or...: Windows 8 is the windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-product-key-i-need-to-check-if/3b0d110f-6e7b-4d57-aef9-58bca1042cf7
  4. Your license isn't genuine, and you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. I purchased...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your license isn't genuine, and you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. I purchased...: Your license isn't genuine, and you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. I purchased my MS Office via Amazon. This message is showing. Reason?...
  5. Your license isn't genuine, and you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. I purchased...

Your license isn't genuine, and you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. I purchased...: Your license isn't genuine, and you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. I purchased my MS Office via Amazon. This message is showing. Reason?...
  6. what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?: hi, so i just got this new laptop i tried to download some games and found out about s mode and it says "s mode switch with a genuine license for this pc" i pressed get and it gives me the same message. "something happened and we couldnt start the upgrade" this is a brand new...
  7. what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?: hi, so i just got this new laptop i tried to download some games and found out about s mode and it says "s mode switch with a genuine license for this pc" i pressed get and it gives me the same message. "something happened and we couldnt start the upgrade" this is a brand new...
  8. what is a genuine license and how do i get out of s mode?

9. how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine: how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-know-that-oem-licenses-we-purchase/bfc9e065-9ce9-4a5a-aeff-d17f793c6d39
  10. how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine

how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine: how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-know-that-oem-licenses-we-purchase/bfc9e065-9ce9-4a5a-aeff-d17f793c6d39