Windows 10: Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed?

Discus and support Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop. Recently it start giving BSOD showing an error "Page fault in non-paged area". I think there is problem in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MahfoozKhanSG, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed?

I have Windows 10 installed in my laptop. Recently it start giving BSOD showing an error "Page fault in non-paged area". I think there is problem in hard disk. If I changed my hard diak, what happens to my Windows license.

:)

MahfoozKhanSG, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

Hello Jason,

Hard disk can be transferred on another machine depending on the license that your device has. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• We'd like to know if your device came with a Windows 10 pre-installed Operating System?
    • Is your hard disk will be considered as a secondary storage on the other machine?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article for more information regarding your query:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Windows licensing after hard disk change

Due to some technical problem, I have to change my Hard disk of my HP Notebook. When I bought the laptop windows 8.1 was preinstalled in it, and then I upgraded to windows 10 while the free upgradation period. Now I have the question that after changing
    the harddisk, How am I suppose to get the genuine operating system back. (I don't have any system recovery)

I just have the ISO file of Windows 10 which I have put into a DVD. So, after the change of hard disk if I try to install Windows 10 from the DVD, will I be able to get the genuine version automatically when I sign in with my microsoft account to which it
    is currently being linked? Or else how can I license it?

NishantKalita, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed?

Regarding windows license re-activation after hard disk changes

It will automatically reactivate as long as you reinstall the exact edition you were running on the hard disk.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed?

1. Windows 10 license if hard disk is changed? - Similar Threads - license hard disk

2. Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk: I want to replace my old hard disk with a new SSD disk in my desktop PC. After I get the new disk, I need to install Windows 10. Can I still use the license key or what is the proper way to ensure I can use the same license key? Nothing else changed in the PC, just the hard...
  3. Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk: I want to replace my old hard disk with a new SSD disk in my desktop PC. After I get the new disk, I need to install Windows 10. Can I still use the license key or what is the proper way to ensure I can use the same license key? Nothing else changed in the PC, just the hard...
  4. Windows 10 license key question after replacing hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change of hard disk on laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of hard disk on laptop: i want to upgrade my hard drive by replacing current one, how can i transfer windows licenses to new hard drive in a same laptop, i bought laptop in2012 with windows 7, later i bought from local store an upgrade to windows 10 pro....
  6. Changing Hard disk on System

Changing Hard disk on System: Hi. i want to change my Hard disk of laptop to SSD. Can my original windows 10 which is in Hard disk be transfered to SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-hard-disk-on-system/86730670-815e-41c9-9c0e-a588eee30727
  7. change the hard disk with an SSD

change the hard disk with an SSD: am un lap top...vechi2010vreau sa schimb hard discul cu un SSD dar am inteles ca apoi trebuie reinstalat WINDOWS ul !acest Windows l am cumparat de pe net , mi s a dat o cheie de produs ,l am instalat , functioneaza !ACUM , pentru reinstalare , pe același dispozitiv , unde...
  8. Windows 10 license if hard disk got formated

Windows 10 license if hard disk got formated: My Lenovo laptop to Hard disk got formatted while making partition. can anyone help me to get Windows license key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-if-hard-disk-got-formated/e3d90ed4-28f8-418a-95df-da51a19655e7
  9. Change Hard Disk

Change Hard Disk: My computer is runing Windows 10free upgrade digital license. What is the most appropriate method to change my hard disk without the need to contact Microsoft Support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hard-disk/45d7c5da-fcab-4c57-a4bd-e09a3bbb7c12
  10. Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.: Hi, My Acer laptop is as old as introduction of windows 8. When I bought it was loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. When Windows 8 was introduced, I purchased Windows 8 pro on line & installed it. That time it was activated on line. As and when new editions were introduced...