Windows 10: Windows 10 license installed through media tool keeps deactivating

Discus and support Windows 10 license installed through media tool keeps deactivating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Lenovo IdeaPad came with an installed Windows 10 already. After few months I wanted to reset my pc to its factory settings, removing all my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Angelia Mangubat, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 license installed through media tool keeps deactivating

My Lenovo IdeaPad came with an installed Windows 10 already. After few months I wanted to reset my pc to its factory settings, removing all my personal files and apps for a fresh start since all my unnecessary data has been clogging up. It always had an error when resetting the pc. It couldn't be reset without a Windows Media Creation Tool so I downloaded it from Microsoft and it successfully reset my pc. Although "Activate this copy of windows" keeps popping up on the bottom right of my screen, I've clicked Troubleshoot many times and it would always activate it successfully, but if I let my laptop sleep or restart, the copy of windows will deactivate once again and it will ask me to activate windows once again. Although I re-entered my product key and constantly troubleshoot it, It's getting annoying to keep doing this again and again. Is there a fix or is it really a bug in the new Windows 10 Update?

Also, my license in excel and all other programs in my school account always show "This product is unlicensed" even though it was working fine an hour ago, maybe it's Windows 10

:)

Angelia Mangubat, Apr 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 license installed through media tool keeps deactivating

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 license installed through media tool keeps deactivating

1. Windows 10 license installed through media tool keeps deactivating - Similar Threads - license installed through

2. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  3. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  4. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 License using Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License using Media creation tool: Hi, I am using Thinkpad t560 with core i5 and 8GB Ram. This machine has builtin OS Windows 10. I am having some serious issues with my laptop. I tried to reinstall windows using reset pc settings as well as windows 10 update assistant tool, but the issue is persistent....
  6. media creation tool license

media creation tool license: I just got the media creation tool to create a bootable usb for my other computer. I was wondering whether it will copy the license i have on my computer and use it for the bootable drive/other computer, or will it just leave the bootable drive with no activation and it just...
  7. Windows Media Creation Tool 1903 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Media Creation Tool 1903 License: On this current computer, I have installed Windows 10 via the Windows Media Creation Tool with a successful installation. I am using my Microsoft account, however the installation did not activate Windows Error code 0x803F7001, although previous installations of this tool did...
  8. Installing Windows 10 to a new built computer through Media Creation Tool USB

Installing Windows 10 to a new built computer through Media Creation Tool USB: I just built a computer. I created a bootable USB (14GB, and I formatted it to NTFS beforehand) with the media creation tool. I plugged it in to the back of the new computer and powered it up, but the circles get stuck after a few spins. I tried: -Keeping the USB to FAT32...
  9. window 10 update through media creation tool

window 10 update through media creation tool: please anyone tell me what is the size of window 10 update through media creatio tool please anyone tell me fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-update-through-media-creation-tool/c6b6ad3a-59cb-453a-8fdb-5f01a03a61b0
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Upgrade through Media Creation Tool: How long does it take to check for updates on the Media Creation tool for Windows 10? I am upgrading from 7. This same computer has been having issues with Windows Update and Internet Explorer. Can someone please assist me with this? 56264