Windows 10: Windows 10 license invalid after update

Discus and support Windows 10 license invalid after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Several years ago, I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 on my wife's laptop. For the most part, it's been working fine until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MPH1974, Jan 23, 2020.

1. MPH1974 Win User

Windows 10 license invalid after update

Several years ago, I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 on my wife's laptop. For the most part, it's been working fine until a couple of days ago. Windows is now saying that the license key I have is invalid. There was never a product key e-mailed to me that I remember at the time, so I need to figure out how to reactivate Windows 10. Is it possible to use the 7 key that's still on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop, or do I need to do something else?

:)

MPH1974, Jan 23, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 license invalid after update - Similar Threads - license invalid update

2. Invalid PIN after laptop update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Invalid PIN after laptop update: Hi, Yesterday I had to update my Lenovo Ideapad330 and after such update I can no longer open my laptop. It says invalid PIN. I have never changed my PIN. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I do not have access to my laptop....
  3. Invalid PIN after laptop update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid PIN after laptop update: Hi, Yesterday I had to update my Lenovo Ideapad330 and after such update I can no longer open my laptop. It says invalid PIN. I have never changed my PIN. I really hope someone can help me with this problem as I do not have access to my laptop....
  4. Invalid PIN after laptop update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows installation failed; after reinstalling, the license key is invalid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows installation failed; after reinstalling, the license key is invalid: Yesterday I bought a new copy of Windows 10 Home and did a clean install installed it on an older hard drive. It activated as usual, but the hard drive failed when I restarted the computer and I had to install it a second time on a different hard drive. When I went to...
  6. Invalid license in Dell laptop?

Invalid license in Dell laptop?: A relative of mine, far away from here, bought this refurbished Dell E4310 from a local computer shop (local to them) 3 years ago. When I visited them recently, they dug it out of their closet and asked me to look at it. I noticed it was running and older version of Win10 so...
  7. Pin invalid after pc update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pin invalid after pc update: Good day! 3 days ago I had to update my lenovo ideapad330 and after the said update I cant open my laptop anymore. It says PIN invalid. And take note Ive never changed my PIN EVER. I really do hope someone could help me out here...
  8. Windows 10 says my license key is invalid after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 says my license key is invalid after a hardware upgrade: Hello, I upgraded my motherboard cpu and ram succesfully, but now my windows 10 is unable to activate and tells me that my key isn't genuine even though it has worked for the last 4 years now, I have Windows 10 pro form the free upgrade period and never had any porblems...
  9. Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.

Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.: Hello Community. I've recently experienced various PC issues with a previous Rig of mine and decided to put together a new and moved my Hard Drive over to the new motherboard. After further troubleshooting, BSODs, and Resetting the PC out of frustration to get a clean...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Free Upgrade saying license is invalid after updating to version 1803

Windows 10 Pro Free Upgrade saying license is invalid after updating to version 1803: Hi, I have just run across a problem that I can't seem to find any solutions to on the web. I have recently upgraded several computers that were upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro back when the free upgrade was available. Nothing has changed on any of these...