Windows 10: Windows 10 license key retriaval

Discus and support Windows 10 license key retriaval in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I bought windows 10 home key years back, it came in a box with its own usb drive and all. Now last year i received a window 10 education... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GYK2, Dec 25, 2019.

1. GYK2 Win User

Windows 10 license key retriaval

Hello,

I bought windows 10 home key years back, it came in a box with its own usb drive and all.

Now last year i received a window 10 education license from my new university, since Edu had more features than home i decided to change the license on my computer to Edu one, thinking that my original license would be kept with my account.

Now that I am looking into buying a new laptop which does not have any pre-installed OS, I cannot find the windows 10 home key anywhere. I might have lost the physical box over the years, and the microsoft account does not list keys associated with it. I swear i had seen my key on account page way back, but I may be wrong.

Question: is there a way to retrieve the windows 10 home key from my windows account? or do i have to dish out another meaningless 100$?

Thanks in advance

:)

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 25, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 license key retriaval

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 license key retriaval

1. Windows 10 license key retriaval - Similar Threads - license key retriaval

2. window 10 License key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 10 License key: Hi, so I've just brought a new windows 10 License key form the MS store, it states the product key will be emailed to me, I can safely say this has not happened.I have looked at the help files and it says I should be able to find the key in order history, again nothing.I have...
  3. window 10 License key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 10 License key: Hi, so I've just brought a new windows 10 License key form the MS store, it states the product key will be emailed to me, I can safely say this has not happened.I have looked at the help files and it says I should be able to find the key in order history, again nothing.I have...
  4. Windows 10 license key

Windows 10 license key: Right now I am using Ubuntu and previously I have active windows 10 so what happens when I download windows 10 iso from Microsoft and install it. Did my windows activate automatically? If yes then how?...
  5. Windows 10 license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key: Right now I am using Ubuntu and previously I have active windows 10 so what happens when I download windows 10 iso from Microsoft and install it. Did my windows activate automatically? If yes then how?...
  6. Windows 10 license key

Windows 10 license key: Dear Microsoft team,Are Windows 10 professional license key same for 32 bit and 64 bit OS.Regards.Saravanan P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-key/03f4d127-fece-418b-9cd0-0f086190f1c6
  7. Windows 10 license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key: Dear Microsoft team,Are Windows 10 professional license key same for 32 bit and 64 bit OS.Regards.Saravanan P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-key/03f4d127-fece-418b-9cd0-0f086190f1c6
  8. Windows 10 license key

Windows 10 license key: I had a Windows 10 PC with valid license that had the boot drive die. In doing a rebuild, I realize that I don't have the original license key anymore. Since it was registered with MS, is there a way to recover it, or am I out of luck? If out of luck what is the best way to...
  9. license key for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    license key for windows 10: The computer is asking me for the license key. How can I know if this is a truth message? Where can I found this key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-key-for-windows-10/e7b1e9f5-1459-4619-b146-574f1bc32a56
  10. Windows 10 License Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 License Key: After upgrading my Laptop and PC I checked for my License using Speecy and both have the same key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T Which I would assume it's a generic one. I actually tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10 after upgrading and successfully Activating it on my...