Windows 10: windows 10 license on a failing hard drive.

Discus and support windows 10 license on a failing hard drive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a lenovo thinkpad that's only drive (hdd) is starting to go. the computer blue screens multiple times a day then fails to reboot without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cullen., May 16, 2019 at 2:22 PM.

1. Cullen. Win User

windows 10 license on a failing hard drive.

I have a lenovo thinkpad that's only drive (hdd) is starting to go. the computer blue screens multiple times a day then fails to reboot without a little persuasion. I have an ssd i'd like to replace the existing drive with but i don't know if i will need a new windows license or if there is some way for me to transfer the one that came with the computer.

:)

2. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

3. cjoesgirl Win User

new hard drive windows license.

can I use the license key from a windows 7 computer that was upgraded to windows 10 on a new hard drive for that same computer. My original hard drive failed.

Thema:

1. windows 10 license on a failing hard drive. - Similar Threads - license failing hard

2. Is it 100% certain my hard drive is failing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it 100% certain my hard drive is failing?: Windows freezes when it boots. It has gotten worse the past few times. Shorter and shorter times before it freezes. It freezes at the Desktop every time after automatic login. Ran chkdsk c:/r and receiving the following message repeatedly. The disk does not have enough...
  3. Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 DVD new hard drive install fail: I have accepted the way Windows Logo recycles sometimes for hours before Sign in page appears. Any BIOs setting other than Legacy will not allow DVD to start the process. My HP Laptop is an OEM win 10. The hard drive passed away due to mechanical fail, I replaced it with...
  4. Keep windows license when replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keep windows license when replacing hard drive: I have had a broken PC with a corrupt HDD hard drive for a while. I've been thinking about replacing its hard drive recently. I don't need the data in it, but if i buy a new hard drive, can I still have a windows license and stuff like that?...
  5. Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number: My PC's hard drive has bit the dust and i cannot remember where my serial number is. Is there a way to get my serial number online?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-hard-drive-windows-serial-number/27121fa9-503b-4fcc-96c9-350ef877c1c9
  6. Hard drive failing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive failing?: Recently I’ve tried to acess my HP laptop running windows 10 on it after a hard restart, but when it attempts to boot from hard drive it gove me the auto repair startup. Almost immediately after it attempts to start up, it goes to black screen. I have run tests on my hard...
  7. Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?

Hard drive is failing, is there a way to copy Windows 10 OS?: I just checked that my hard drive is failing. Fortunately, I can still use it at this moment and backed up everything, but there's one thing I want to back up which I don't know how to. If I were to buy a new hard drive, is there a way I could use my Win10 OS , which is...
  8. Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed

Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed: So my laptop HP 14-ac136tu has been performing very slow for the last few months and so I decided to reset it but failed. When I turned it on again, it shows the hp logo then shows a black screen without cursor. I tried pressing the F2 before the logo starts and it directed...
  9. Failing hard drive and disk migration

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failing hard drive and disk migration: Hi All, I hope you are well. I have a laptop with Windows 10 where I suspect the hard drive is failing - Samsung Momentus 750GB I have noticed that because the system is slow and in Task ManagerI can see hard drive working hard 100% most of the time with pretty low...
  10. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...