Windows 10: windows 10 license on a failing hard drive.

Discus and support windows 10 license on a failing hard drive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a lenovo thinkpad that's only drive (hdd) is starting to go. the computer blue screens multiple times a day then fails to reboot without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cullen., May 16, 2019.

1. Cullen. Win User

windows 10 license on a failing hard drive.

I have a lenovo thinkpad that's only drive (hdd) is starting to go. the computer blue screens multiple times a day then fails to reboot without a little persuasion. I have an ssd i'd like to replace the existing drive with but i don't know if i will need a new windows license or if there is some way for me to transfer the one that came with the computer.

:)

Cullen., May 16, 2019

2. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 16, 2019
  3. little cat, May 16, 2019
  4. cjoesgirl Win User

new hard drive windows license.

can I use the license key from a windows 7 computer that was upgraded to windows 10 on a new hard drive for that same computer. My original hard drive failed.

cjoesgirl, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 license on a failing hard drive. - Similar Threads - license failing hard

2. Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive: I bought a used pc with Windows 10 pre-installed, but now the hard drive has failed and I have a new one to install.Is Windows 10 registered to the hard drive or the motherboard/device?Obviously I don't have access to the account that originally purchased this copy of Windows...
  3. Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive: I bought a used pc with Windows 10 pre-installed, but now the hard drive has failed and I have a new one to install.Is Windows 10 registered to the hard drive or the motherboard/device?Obviously I don't have access to the account that originally purchased this copy of Windows...
  4. Windows 10 Download After Failed Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wiping hard drive before sale - Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiping hard drive before sale - Windows 10 license?: I have a laptop running Windows 10 that I'm selling. The license was bought direct from Microsoft and I activated on fresh install of the operating system. I want to wipe the hard drive thoroughly and sell the laptop with no operating system / with a deactivated Windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive: My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive. Thanks!...
  7. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license: Hi, I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy. I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues. My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again? And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?...
  8. Restore Windows 10 license on new SSD hard drive

Restore Windows 10 license on new SSD hard drive: Hi! I want to change my laptop's hard drive for an SSD unit. I just want to make sure that my original Windows 10 license can be transferred with no issues to the new hard drive. Is that possible? Thank you very much!...
  9. windows 10 hard drive failed

windows 10 hard drive failed: windows 10 hard drive failed on latest laptop, installed hard drive from previous laptop (windows 8.0) that insurance claim returned in 2015. Will i have to spend $99 to reinstall windows 10 and get a product key?...
  10. Hard drive failing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive failing?: Recently I’ve tried to acess my HP laptop running windows 10 on it after a hard restart, but when it attempts to boot from hard drive it gove me the auto repair startup. Almost immediately after it attempts to start up, it goes to black screen. I have run tests on my hard...