Windows 10: Windows 10 license on MS Account mess.

Discus and support Windows 10 license on MS Account mess. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My old Dell laptop came with a Windows 8.1 license which was fully upgraded to Windows 10 when It was released, later when I installed Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KennyTheBard, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 license on MS Account mess.

My old Dell laptop came with a Windows 8.1 license which was fully upgraded to Windows 10 when It was released, later when I installed Windows 10 Pro on my Desktop, once I logged in my MS account the windows lincense got automatically activaded.

Recently my desktop died and I went back to my old laptop, installed a W10 Home version and it was also automatically activaded.

Now I got a new desktop and when I logged in with the same MS account it says I don't have a coincident edition.

Do I have to format my PC and install a Home edition even though I had a activated Pro edition before? How can I check my licenses?

I think that I might not be able to have 2 devices licensed at the same time, but then how can I remove the license on the laptop?

submitted by /u/KennyTheBard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KennyTheBard, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Need to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change? Here's how. , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 license on MS Account mess.

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Windows 10 license on MS Account mess. [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Windows 10 license on MS Account mess.

1. Windows 10 license on MS Account mess. - Similar Threads - license Account mess

2. Digital License Windows Home 10 link to MS Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital License Windows Home 10 link to MS Account: After a new motherboard was installed, Windows 10 Home is activated with digital license, but it won't link to MS Account. Unable to sign in to MS from device, however able to open MS account through browser. Continue to receive "oops something went wrong message". I have...
  3. Digital License Windows Home 10 link to MS Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License Windows Home 10 link to MS Account: After a new motherboard was installed, Windows 10 Home is activated with digital license, but it won't link to MS Account. Unable to sign in to MS from device, however able to open MS account through browser. Continue to receive "oops something went wrong message". I have...
  4. Digital License Windows Home 10 link to MS Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need to reinstall Windows 10 with a digital license - not connected to an MS account -...

Need to reinstall Windows 10 with a digital license - not connected to an MS account -...: Hi,I have to wipe a laptop and reinstall Window 10 without reconnecting to the Internet till after the drive has been wiped.This is for a client who was phished, and because of some organisational sensitivities, I want to do this without connecting to the Internet at all...
  6. Need to reinstall Windows 10 with a digital license - not connected to an MS account -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to reinstall Windows 10 with a digital license - not connected to an MS account -...: Hi,I have to wipe a laptop and reinstall Window 10 without reconnecting to the Internet till after the drive has been wiped.This is for a client who was phished, and because of some organisational sensitivities, I want to do this without connecting to the Internet at all...
  7. win 10 license linking to MS account

win 10 license linking to MS account: i have 5 windows 10 upgraded from win7 licenses. so far i have not linked them with microsoft account. can i link all 5 PCs to the same microsoft account ? if so what are the issues that arise from that?thanks...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 digital license linked to MS account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reactivating Windows 10 digital license linked to MS account: Hey people, I'm hoping someone can help me out as I can't contact the MS customer service as they are closed for the weekend and I'm stuck setting up a new computer. I find it very difficult to find the correct information through google and I'm losing oversight. My brain is...
  9. Muliple licenses and a MS account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Muliple licenses and a MS account: I've got two computers, a notebook running Windows 10 Home and a desktop running Windows 10 Pro. I sign into both using the same MS account. I'm a bit uncertain about how these play out before pushing the schorched-earth button on the desktop (full reinstall). I recently...
  10. How to Linking Windows license with MS account

How to Linking Windows license with MS account: I'm about to replace the motherboard in a PC and have read that I can easily reactivate the associated Windows license with my Microsoft account. I've gone for many years without this linkage - using local accounts on OEM installations, doing automatic upgrades to Win 10,...