Windows 10: Windows 10 license to Windows 11 computer

Discus and support Windows 10 license to Windows 11 computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I currently have a laptop with windows 10 home Retail - Digital, i have linked it to my Microsoft account as shown:I recently purchase a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by John Tsk, Nov 23, 2021.

1. John Tsk Win User

Windows 10 license to Windows 11 computer

Hi everyone,I currently have a laptop with windows 10 home Retail - Digital, i have linked it to my Microsoft account as shown:I recently purchase a computer which has unactivated windows 11, i tried to login with my Microsoft account but the license is not transferred over. I have tried the troubleshoot function on the activation tab but no device was found. Is it due to my digital license being windows 10 hence it is unable to use on the other computer which is on windows 11? Thank you for the help!

:)

John Tsk, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 license to Windows 11 computer

Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 license to Windows 11 computer

1. Windows 10 license to Windows 11 computer - Similar Threads - license computer

2. How do I move a Windows 10/11 license to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move a Windows 10/11 license to a new computer?: What I want to do:Move a Windows 10/11 license from one computer hosted at DataMart to their new data center?Situation:I have a dedicated PC hosted at DataMart running Windows 10/11 Retail, 512GB SSD system drive, and 6TB HDD data drive used for intermediate backups using...
  3. How do I move a Windows 10/11 license to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move a Windows 10/11 license to a new computer?: What I want to do:Move a Windows 10/11 license from one computer hosted at DataMart to their new data center?Situation:I have a dedicated PC hosted at DataMart running Windows 10/11 Retail, 512GB SSD system drive, and 6TB HDD data drive used for intermediate backups using...
  4. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  5. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  6. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  7. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  8. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

9. Cannot assign my License to a new Computer but I can see the other one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot assign my License to a new Computer but I can see the other one: Hi,In November 2017 and October 2017 I have purchased 2 Digital license of Windows 10 Home Edition Retail from the Microsoft Website:November 4, 2017 Order number 9320727477Item Qty Amount Windows 10 Home 1 Total Pre-Tax Charges 148,10 VAT 8,00% 11,85 Total Amount CHF...
  10. Cannot assign my License to a new Computer but I can see the other one

Cannot assign my License to a new Computer but I can see the other one: Hi,In November 2017 and October 2017 I have purchased 2 Digital license of Windows 10 Home Edition Retail from the Microsoft Website:November 4, 2017 Order number 9320727477Item Qty Amount Windows 10 Home 1 Total Pre-Tax Charges 148,10 VAT 8,00% 11,85 Total Amount CHF...