Windows 10: Windows 10 license transfer? Not sure if I worded it right.

Discus and support Windows 10 license transfer? Not sure if I worded it right. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 3 running Win10 Pro and the license is activated digitally and connected to my account. I'm building a new PC in 2 days. I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Charlie-Spencer, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 license transfer? Not sure if I worded it right.

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Win10 Pro and the license is activated digitally and connected to my account. I'm building a new PC in 2 days. I had a VMware trail to run virtual Windows and I entered my product key that was there with the Surface and I had full windows working on it fine. Now I need to know If I can do the same with my Brand new Desktop. Would it run full windows without a problem since the license is digital?

submitted by /u/Charlie-Spencer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Charlie-Spencer, Jul 2, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 license transfer? Not sure if I worded it right.

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 license transfer? Not sure if I worded it right.

1. Windows 10 license transfer? Not sure if I worded it right. - Similar Threads - license transfer sure

2. windows 10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 license transfer: I have a new pc that does not have a windows 10 license. On my old computer, I have a windows 10 license. Can I transfer it and how please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-transfer/dbd2539f-6333-4a72-8389-c53862ec545b
  3. windows 10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 license transfer: I have a new pc that does not have a windows 10 license. On my old computer, I have a windows 10 license. Can I transfer it and how please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-transfer/dbd2539f-6333-4a72-8389-c53862ec545b
  4. Transfer of windows 10 license

Transfer of windows 10 license: Can I transfer this windows 10 home that I got with this laptop to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-windows-10-license/20b613cd-ca37-483f-b475-275a48801114
  5. Transfer Windows 10 license?

Transfer Windows 10 license?: I have replaced my old Dell Optiplex 780 with a newer Dell Optiplex 9020. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Home OS license I bought for the old PC to my Lenovo Laptop that originally came with Windows 7. How can I transfer this license? Robert Reedy...
  6. transfer windows 10 license

transfer windows 10 license: I recently had to replace my motherboard and can't find a way to transfer my license. I have the product key still but I was unable to uninstall it from my previous device prior to the change. It did not come preloaded. I have the key through my school. Are there any...
  7. Windows 10 License Transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 License Transfer: Hello, I had a Retail Windows 10 License that I went ahead and transferred from one of my PC's to a new one. Windows seems fine, it states that it is activated; the issue is when I use CMD to check my License type the Retail License now says OEM. Any reason on why? I though a...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 License?

Transfer Windows 10 License?: I’m building a new PC in a few days, and I want to know if I can use my Windows 10 key on my current computer on the new one. I’m fine with ‘deactivating’ Windows on my current computer....
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license

Transferring Windows 10 license: I have recently bought a desktop & will sale my laptop. My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed & then I upgraded to windows 10. Note:I don't have a product key & activation status says "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". Now,...
  10. Windows 10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license transfer: My main PC has non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise, so i wish to transfer Windows 10 license from laptop that I don't use anymore but it has Windows 10 pro. How can I transfer Windows 10 pro from a computer to another computer which already has Enterprise version of Windows?...