Windows 10: Windows 10 license Type

Discus and support Windows 10 license Type in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, Since we are not clear yet regarding to windows 10 license type, May u details how many kind of windows 10 license that Microsoft have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vicheth sim, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 license Type

Dear Microsoft,

Since we are not clear yet regarding to windows 10 license type, May u details how many kind of windows 10 license that Microsoft have provide and specification condition of those. another thing if we are going to deploy windows 10 license for 200 users in our org which windows 10 license type should prefer? Thanks

With regards,
    Vichet

:)

vicheth sim, Jul 18, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 18, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 license Type

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 license Type

1. Windows 10 license Type - Similar Threads - license Type

2. What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?: Hi,I am working with an organisation where we have Windows Servers and Clients. We do have all the licenses, but I want to know more about the way it works. I want to know in brief about the Windows licensing and What type of licenses do Microsoft provide to the...
  3. What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?: Hi,I am working with an organisation where we have Windows Servers and Clients. We do have all the licenses, but I want to know more about the way it works. I want to know in brief about the Windows licensing and What type of licenses do Microsoft provide to the...
  4. What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i need to know the type of my windows license. related to my PC or Email .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to know the type of my windows license. related to my PC or Email .: i need to know the type of my windows license. related to my PC or Email . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-the-type-of-my-windows-license/837ffe6f-05e9-436f-9db2-e79348bc5a0d
  6. i need to know the type of my windows license. related to my PC or Email .

i need to know the type of my windows license. related to my PC or Email .: i need to know the type of my windows license. related to my PC or Email . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-know-the-type-of-my-windows-license/837ffe6f-05e9-436f-9db2-e79348bc5a0d
  7. user SYSTEM keeps changing "Remote Desktop Licensing" service startup type from automatic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user SYSTEM keeps changing "Remote Desktop Licensing" service startup type from automatic...: Hi,We have a windows server 2019 with remote desktop license server installed. Recently we found that the startup type of "Remote Desktop Licensing" service was changed from automatic to disabled by user SYSTEM. Server was rebooted but the issue persists. When I checked Event...
  8. user SYSTEM keeps changing "Remote Desktop Licensing" service startup type from automatic...

user SYSTEM keeps changing "Remote Desktop Licensing" service startup type from automatic...: Hi,We have a windows server 2019 with remote desktop license server installed. Recently we found that the startup type of "Remote Desktop Licensing" service was changed from automatic to disabled by user SYSTEM. Server was rebooted but the issue persists. When I checked Event...
  9. Windows 365 Cloud PC - Change License Type without provisioning a new Cloud PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 365 Cloud PC - Change License Type without provisioning a new Cloud PC: Hi there,We are implementing Windows 365 Cloud PC in our company. We have multiple license types depending on what the user needs. Currently our user is assigned to get 8vCPU, 32GB RAM, 128 Storage. Is it possible to give him a different license type 4vCPU, 16GB, 128 Storage...
  10. Windows 365 Cloud PC - Change License Type without provisioning a new Cloud PC

Windows 365 Cloud PC - Change License Type without provisioning a new Cloud PC: Hi there,We are implementing Windows 365 Cloud PC in our company. We have multiple license types depending on what the user needs. Currently our user is assigned to get 8vCPU, 32GB RAM, 128 Storage. Is it possible to give him a different license type 4vCPU, 16GB, 128 Storage...