Windows 10: Windows 10 license Type

Discus and support Windows 10 license Type in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, Since we are not clear yet regarding to windows 10 license type, May u details how many kind of windows 10 license that Microsoft have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vicheth sim, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 license Type

Dear Microsoft,

Since we are not clear yet regarding to windows 10 license type, May u details how many kind of windows 10 license that Microsoft have provide and specification condition of those. another thing if we are going to deploy windows 10 license for 200 users in our org which windows 10 license type should prefer? Thanks

With regards,
    Vichet

:)

vicheth sim, Jul 18, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 18, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 license Type

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 license Type

1. Windows 10 license Type - Similar Threads - license Type

2. Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Q: About license for 1 pc. Am I allowed to install on new PC if this new PC fully replaces...: Hi there! I used to buy those pre-made PC/laptop that always automatically had a Windows license tied/installed on it. Now I'm thinking of building a customized PC so I'll have to buy a seperate copy of Windows 10 myself. But I have a question about a 1 PC license...
  3. I got My Windows 10 Home Single Language Licensed HP Laptop but it is too slow how to...

I got My Windows 10 Home Single Language Licensed HP Laptop but it is too slow how to...: I just bought an HP Laptop comes with licensed Windows 10 Home Single Language and Microsoft Office 365. But it is too slow and taking a lot of time to process. My friend suggest me to convert to Windows 10 pro version to make the system bit faster. I want to know how to do...
  4. Win 10 license

Win 10 license: I purchased a used Desktop on eBay. The computer has a Microsoft sticker with product key on it. Can I use that product key to install windows, or in other words does the license transfer with the computer, or do i need to purchase a product key because the sticker is only...
  5. Your windows license will expire soon. Why does Microsoft not solve this problem?

Your windows license will expire soon. Why does Microsoft not solve this problem?: As said above!!! * Original title: Your windows license will expire soon. Why the **** does Microsoft not solve this problem? It is a PEST!!!...
  6. Type of windows licenses required for permanent Virtual Machine

Type of windows licenses required for permanent Virtual Machine: What type of windows licenses required for permanent Virtual Machine? For example I want to run a windows 10 enterprise virtual machine, it has an expiration date. I do not want to redownload the file after expiration date due to my data cap. What kind of license do I...
  7. Installed a new Windows 10 in an old machine and got error 0x803F7001 when typing license

Installed a new Windows 10 in an old machine and got error 0x803F7001 when typing license: Hello dear community, I bought a second hand computer which had a faulty version of Windows 10 Enterprise. After a while the message "Activate Windows 10" in the bottom screen showed up. When I went to the activation screen, it said go to the store and buy Windows. So I...
  8. Find out License type.

Find out License type.: Hi guys, I just bought a new computer on craigslist and I would like to know what kind of Windows license has installed. I know there are different kinds like OEM or retail, I would like to know which one it has. Thanks....
  9. Free upgrade license type requirements

in Windows 10 Support
    Free upgrade license type requirements: Hello this is my first post so "Hi!". I've read on Wikipedia that the Windows 10 free upgrade will offered to all users of "consumer editions" of Windows 7 and 8.1. I'm currently at a stage where I need to do a fresh install of Windows 7 but do not have a recovery disc....
  10. Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine if Windows License Type is OEM, Retail, or Volume: Highlight this: slmgr.vbs -dli Then do A or B below: A: Press Ctrl+C Press *Start Key+R Press Ctrl+V Hit Enter B: Right-Click the highlighted command and select 'Copy' Press and release the *Start Key OR Click the *Start Icon on the Taskbar Press Ctrl+V Hit...