Windows 10: Windows 10 License

Discus and support Windows 10 License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey there, I know this might be a silly question, but if you switch Microsoft accounts on one PC and make it admin, if the other account was used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JuttoYusuf, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 License

Hey there, I know this might be a silly question, but if you switch Microsoft accounts on one PC and make it admin, if the other account was used to activate Windows via digital licensing linked to Microsoft account, Does this mean I will have to activate Windows again? Thanks.

:)

JuttoYusuf, Jan 15, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 License

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 License

1. Windows 10 License - Similar Threads - License

2. Is Windows activated by Digital License original ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows activated by Digital License original ?: In my Activation menu it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account". My OS is Win 10 Home SL which came preinstalled with my recent laptop. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments]...
  3. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home Single Language: Where can I find "Windows 10 Home Single Language" ISO 64bit. While trying to activate getting this message "We found a Windows 10 Home Single Language digital license for this device running Windows 10 Home. To activate using this digital license, you need to install...
  4. Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one

Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one: Hi, I have an old PC with a Windows 10 Pro license. It's a digital license linked to my Microsoft account that I purchased online, separately from the computer, and for which I didn't receive an activation code. It's a retail license, as can be confirmed with the command...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 license to new build without access to old system.

Transfer Windows 10 license to new build without access to old system.: Long story short, my previous system had a catastrophic failure where the motherboard, cpu and HDD no longer function it's an 8 year old system so while I expected it to kick the bucket at some point, I certainly did not foresee this kind of damage. I remember having to...
  6. New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license

New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license: I have an Windows 10 Pro license, purchased from Microsoft as a Digital License. It is active on my current PC that originally came with Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 Home and would like to transfer the Pro license to it, and keep my old PC with...
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Family to Pro with license from old computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 10 Family to Pro with license from old computer: Hi, I have an old PC with a Windows 10 Pro license. It's a digital license linked to my Microsoft account that I purchased online, separately from the computer, and for which I didn't receive an activation code. It's a retail license, as can be confirmed with the command...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Family to Pro with license from old computer

Upgrade Windows 10 Family to Pro with license from old computer: Hi, I have an old PC with a Windows 10 Pro license. It's a digital license linked to my Microsoft account that I purchased online, separately from the computer, and for which I didn't receive an activation code. It's a retail license, as can be confirmed with the command...
  9. Windows license disappeared after changing setup

Windows license disappeared after changing setup: Hello, I have recently changed my computer setup completely, erasing my old SSD with windows 10 home on it. However I DID connect my windows license to my Microsoft account. But when I connected my account to my new pc it simply said that mail account has no connected license...
  10. Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?

Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?: I bought a new laptop an year ago. Now I get the err that my windows license will expire soon. I've checked out some suggestions based on this and apparently I haveGeneric Volume License Key. I want to know, whether I'm supposed to have aRetail License if I bought a new...