Windows 10: Windows 10 License

Discus and support Windows 10 License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I just got a Windows 10 Education license from my university. I want to use it on my laptop which has already pre-installed Windows 10Home SL. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by farxhan, Dec 10, 2019.

1. farxhan Win User

Windows 10 License

So I just got a Windows 10 Education license from my university. I want to use it on my laptop which has already pre-installed Windows 10Home SL. If I used the Win 10 Edu key on my current laptop, what would happen to the old OEM Win 10 Home SL license? And if in the future I wanted to use my Win 10 Edu on another PC, could I do that? And would my current laptop get rolled back to the original Win 10 Home SL?

Thanks in advance.

:)

farxhan, Dec 10, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 10, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 License

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 License

1. Windows 10 License - Similar Threads - License

2. Returning motherboard, and getting new one. How do I make sure my license if completely off...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Returning motherboard, and getting new one. How do I make sure my license if completely off...: Hello, I think I am going to return my motherboard back to Amazon, and buy a different one. Right now I have a MSI B450M Gaming Plus, and I plan to buy a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX. I have a Windows 10 Home Retail Key installed on the MSI B450M Gaming Plus and it says it is...
  3. transfering windows 10 license to pirated copy

transfering windows 10 license to pirated copy: our company recently bought secondhand laptop to replace an older one. but it looks like its in pirated version of windows, so i was asked to transfer the our legal license from soon to be retired laptop to our new but pirated one. i have my doubt since the device we;re...
  4. Windows 10 License activaiton

Windows 10 License activaiton: Hi as you know the windows 7 support end on 14th Jan 2020 so we are upgrading our desktops from Windows 7 to 10 pro, coming to activation part, showing digital license and activated with existing windows 7 licenses Please confirm that it means its a genuine windows...
  5. Newly installed Windows 10 won't let me transfer over license.

Newly installed Windows 10 won't let me transfer over license.: Hello, I have a non-OEM version of Windows 10 Home upgraded from a non-OEM version of Windows 7 Home during the free upgrade period. Recently I built a new PC with new motherboard and everything. I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home on it. I read that people who got...
  6. Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home.. Digital Licensing good for home, not pro, and cannot...

Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home.. Digital Licensing good for home, not pro, and cannot...: I have tried everything.. I reset the PC and cannot get an option to go back to windows 10 home. I see that my version cannot be activated due to the fact that I am running Windows 10 pro, and the computer troubleshooter says it found a digital license good for Windows 10...
  7. Your Windows license will expire soon error on Windows 10

Your Windows license will expire soon error on Windows 10: hi my laptop was working fine for a year now, but not i have been getting message Your Windows license will expire soon error on Windows 10...
  8. How to remove all Digital licenses linked to my account besides the one I just bought from...

How to remove all Digital licenses linked to my account besides the one I just bought from...: I would like to know how to remove all Digital Licenses linked to my Microsoft account BESIDES the one I just bought directly from Microsoft. I had a Windows 10 Home license linked to my account that I'm almost positive was counterfeit, but it still worked somehow. I don't...
  9. How to view digital license linked to my account?

How to view digital license linked to my account?: Hello, when I go into my activation settings and it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" is there a way to view that on somewhere on my account settings or something and possibly unlink that key? Thank you for any help....
  10. Transferring Windows license, did I violate terms?

Transferring Windows license, did I violate terms?: Hello, so here is my situation. Previously I had a Dell Alienware x51, that came with Windows 7 Home installed on it, but Windows 8 was just released around this time so I had my Uncle upgrade it to Windows 8 back in like 2012, which I then upgraded to Windows 10 for free...