Windows 10: windows 10 licensing

Discus and support windows 10 licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a used laptop some time ago. When it starts now I get, My Windows 10 will be close soon & ask me to go "Settings".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnthonyLepecha, Jun 21, 2019.

1. windows 10 licensing

I have purchased a used laptop some time ago.

When it starts now I get,

My Windows 10 will be close soon & ask me to go "Settings".

There I saw that in the Activation--WINDOWS IS ACTIVATED USING YOUR ORGANIZATION'S ACTIVATION SERVICE".

As far as I knew it was a fully licensed version installed.

can you assist?

:)

AnthonyLepecha, Jun 21, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

windows 10 licensing

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 licensing

1. windows 10 licensing - Similar Threads - licensing

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...: Hi there.I have a couple of questions regarding moving my system disk to new hardware and I have not been able to find clear answers in the jungle of Microsoft licensing.Background:My pc is currenly running windows 10 pro but is too old to run windows 11 pro. It is originaly...
  5. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...: Hi there.I have a couple of questions regarding moving my system disk to new hardware and I have not been able to find clear answers in the jungle of Microsoft licensing.Background:My pc is currenly running windows 10 pro but is too old to run windows 11 pro. It is originaly...
  6. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

7. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10: I bought a brand new computer off of amazon. The new system was supposed to come with windows. But apparently is was done with a volume license server key. Windows now says it is expired.I'd like to put a retail key in place. How can I do this? Can this be done without...
  8. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10: I bought a brand new computer off of amazon. The new system was supposed to come with windows. But apparently is was done with a volume license server key. Windows now says it is expired.I'd like to put a retail key in place. How can I do this? Can this be done without...
  9. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. cannot activate license after changing harddisk

cannot activate license after changing harddisk: cannot activate license after changing harddiskI have previous window 8.1 license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-license-after-changing-harddisk/e656e958-74da-485e-8472-c225a9e4473d