Windows 10: windows 10 licensing

Discus and support windows 10 licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a used laptop some time ago. When it starts now I get, My Windows 10 will be close soon & ask me to go "Settings".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnthonyLepecha, Jun 21, 2019.

1. windows 10 licensing

I have purchased a used laptop some time ago.

When it starts now I get,

My Windows 10 will be close soon & ask me to go "Settings".

There I saw that in the Activation--WINDOWS IS ACTIVATED USING YOUR ORGANIZATION'S ACTIVATION SERVICE".

As far as I knew it was a fully licensed version installed.

can you assist?

:)

AnthonyLepecha, Jun 21, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

windows 10 licensing

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 licensing

1. windows 10 licensing - Similar Threads - licensing

2. License will expire soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License will expire soon: I recently updated from windows 10 pro version 1803 to 1903. After a few days an error message started popping up prompting me to activate my windows as my license will expire soon but windows is already acitvated. How do I fix this??...
  3. licensing

licensing: I want to ask about the windows license which is sold online -in my country- for IDR100.000 / $7, is that legal from Microsoft? why so cheap? if we buy on the official website of Microsoft the price is very expensive. but if it's not legal, why when activating windows...
  4. Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?

Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?: So, today I decided to sell a digital license I had lying around in a somewhat old PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago, after being abandonded due to it being very slow and also due to the fact that I got a new PC, I decided to sell my "old" Windows 10 digital...
  5. Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?

Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?: How can I find my Windows 10 licenses on my digital account? I would like to know which version (home/pro/OEM/retail) as well. I have multiple computers running different licenses and when something fails or I replace a computer with a new one I need to know what to install....
  6. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change: Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the installation windows would not activate. There has been no hardware change and I am getting error code 0x803F7001....
  7. windows 10 home digital license

windows 10 home digital license: Is a window s 10 home digital license valid for a life time, just like the product key, 2019 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-digital-license/67d77557-d403-4c1e-a10d-ccfa26185189"
  8. Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change

Win10 Pro Digital License not registering after Hardware Change: I had recently made hardware changes to my Desktop earlier today, with the upgrade of my Motherboard. I had expected things to run rather smoothly, as I had made similar changes to my computer some time ago with no issues. After my computer had finished booting into windows,...
  9. Where to purchase a Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC High-End license.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to purchase a Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC High-End license.: Where can I purchase Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC High-End licenses. I'm a small OEM that builds about 20 machines per year. All of the new machines are being built with Advantech computers which come in with the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC High-End already...
  10. digital license windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    digital license windows 10: I built a new pc then installed windows 10 Pro..I signed in with my Microsoft Account and set pc with same pin as my laptop...Seems Windows(on PC) is activated with licence from laptop...I read "using a single Microsoft Account on multiple devices" that I can have 5 PC using...