Windows 10: Windows 10 licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings community. Small IT business owner here. I have several computers at different physical locations that need to be upgraded from 7 to 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bryan_O, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Bryan_O Win User

Windows 10 licensing

Greetings community. Small IT business owner here. I have several computers at different physical locations that need to be upgraded from 7 to 10. I am having the hardest time getting help from MS over the phone. The scheduled call backs don't happen. As far as licensing goes, what is the best option to upgrade say 30 or 40 computers at different locations? I have read some about volume licensing but can't get a straight answer. If I have to do volume licensing, can I add machines on the fly or do I have know the exact amount from the beginning. I'm still getting calls about upgrades. YIKES!!

Also, I had a Win 7 home box in my shop that I upgraded to 10 Home using the media creation tool I downloaded in 2017. Win 7 was activated before the upgrade and now Windows 10 is activated post upgrade. Have I broken a rule? I didn't have to buy anything. I wonder does the same apply to 10 Pro?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can straighten me out.

Bryan
    FYIPC

:)

Bryan_O, Oct 16, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 licensing

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 licensing

1. Windows 10 licensing - Similar Threads - licensing

2. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  3. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  4. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  5. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  6. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

7. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  8. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  9. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  10. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b