Windows 10: Windows 10 licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 licensing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have a computer with an OEM license embedded in the BIOS, which has never been activated, because my company provided me with a MAK license.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aleksandr Fourth, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 licensing

Hi. I have a computer with an OEM license embedded in the BIOS, which has never been activated, because my company provided me with a MAK license. Question: will it be legal to activate my OEM key on another computer for home use?

:)

Aleksandr Fourth, Oct 17, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2021
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 licensing

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 licensing

1. Windows 10 licensing - Similar Threads - licensing

2. New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC: I will be receiving a new PC with W10 home already installed. I have an old PC with W11 Pro upgraded from W10 Pro. 1. I would like to transfer my W11 Pro license to the new pc. 2. I also would like it if my old PC can use W11 Home instead, after transferring W11 pro.2nd part...
  3. New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC with W10, I want to transfer Win11pro license to new pc from old PC: I will be receiving a new PC with W10 home already installed. I have an old PC with W11 Pro upgraded from W10 Pro. 1. I would like to transfer my W11 Pro license to the new pc. 2. I also would like it if my old PC can use W11 Home instead, after transferring W11 pro.2nd part...
  4. Windows 11 Digital License: Can not reactivate after delete the activated device in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Digital License: Can not reactivate after delete the activated device in the...: Firstly, I have bought the license of windows11 from windows store. I install windows 11 on parallel desktop17 with permanent license. I can activate it and it works well.Next, I mistake something not about Windows 11. Then, I delete the windows 11 from parallel desktop. I...
  5. Windows 11 Digital License: Can not reactivate after delete the activated device in the...

Windows 11 Digital License: Can not reactivate after delete the activated device in the...: Firstly, I have bought the license of windows11 from windows store. I install windows 11 on parallel desktop17 with permanent license. I can activate it and it works well.Next, I mistake something not about Windows 11. Then, I delete the windows 11 from parallel desktop. I...
  6. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  7. License swapped between the devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License swapped between the devices: I have a digital license of Windows 10 and a laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installedAcer Swift 3. Both these devices were linked to my single MS account. The digital license that I had bought, was using it for my Desktop. Recently I swapped the SSD of the desktop and...
  8. License swapped between the devices

9. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...
  10. Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer digital license linked to Microsoft account: I had a really old system that started on Windows 7 and got the free upgrade to Windows 10. Later on, I transferred my drive to my current system, and the license carried over perfectly. Windows just kept running and I didn't change anything. Nowadays, I've linked my current...