Windows 10: Windows 10 likely to overtake Windows 7 before 2019

Discus and support Windows 10 likely to overtake Windows 7 before 2019 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We had earlier reported that Microsoft’s Windows 10 is fast approaching to become the number one operating system worldwide. According to the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 3, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 likely to overtake Windows 7 before 2019

We had earlier reported that Microsoft’s Windows 10 is fast approaching to become the number one operating system worldwide. According to the latest data released by NetMarketShare, Windows 10 has now moved even further and is very close to overtake Windows 7 in global market share.

The data indicate that Windows 10 could be the number one operating system overtaking Windows 7 as early as next month. According to the November 2018 data, Windows 10 is currently running on 38.14 percent of PCs globally which is a touch lower than Windows 7 which is still leading with 38.89 percent users.

The number of users on Windows 7 in October stood at 39.35 percent but has seen a fall in the number of users for the month of November.

Windows 10 likely to overtake Windows 7 before 2019 Windows-market-share.jpg

There was a 0.46 percent of Windows 7 users which upgraded to Microsoft’s Windows 10 bringing the OS very close to attain the number one spot.

The number of users upgrading to Windows 10 is expected to go up substantially with Microsoft re-releasing the Windows 10 version 1809 which comes with many new features and security upgrades.

Since the upgrade to the newest operating system moves at a slower pace, we expect Windows 10 to take over from Windows 7 as the market leader in the new year.

The post Windows 10 likely to overtake Windows 7 before 2019 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 3, 2018
  2. londiste Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Windows 10 likely to overtake Windows 7 before 2019 :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 likely to overtake Windows 7 before 2019 - Similar Threads - likely overtake before

2. I like window 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I like window 7: But I like windows 10 too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-like-window-7/30ea2d4f-93a5-452a-b2dc-c095a8149889
  3. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really feel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  4. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really beel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  5. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really beel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  6. PSEXEC on windows 7 Vs windows 10, 2016, 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    PSEXEC on windows 7 Vs windows 10, 2016, 2019: Hi, when we execute PSEXEC on windows 7 it able to return output of size 21 mb. When execute PSEXEC on Windows 2016, 2019 or Windows 10 it able to return output only till 70KB. Is there any limitation on latest operating System....
  7. Hibernating Laptop before Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hibernating Laptop before Windows 10 May 2019 Update: I am currently running Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Build 17134.706) and I skipped the Windows 10 April 2018 Update because of potential data loss. I plan to update the laptop to Windows 10 May 2019 Update after several weeks. Upon downloading the update, is it okay to...
  8. Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7: How do I make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-windows-10-look-like-windows-7/a4dc9c9a-ef31-4a4e-be15-bf7062ab594d
  9. Windows 10 to look like windows 7

Windows 10 to look like windows 7: At some time or other I heard that Windows 10 can be easily made to look like windows 7. I would interested in knowing more about this. Thank you!! 116967
  10. Windows 10 to look like windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 to look like windows 7: At some time or other I heard that Windows 10 can be easily made to look like windows 7. I would interested in knowing more about this. Thank you!! 116967