Windows 10: Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps

Discus and support Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, So, this thing is driving me crazy. -I've got a 300mbps internet. -My network adapter is gigabit capable. -The ISP router to which I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Morguitoo, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps

Hi everyone,

So, this thing is driving me crazy.

-I've got a 300mbps internet.

-My network adapter is gigabit capable.

-The ISP router to which I'm connected via a perfectly good cable is also gigabite capable.

However, apparently randomly, Windows 10 limits my Gigabite connection to 100mbps.

Then, after running some commands like ipconfig /flushdns , netsh int ip reset all,netsh winsock reset and stuff like that, my connection goes back to full speed, and my adapter settings go back to 1.0Gbps stats...But this fix only works sometimes, meaning that sometimes I have to repeat these commands and restart the PC a few times to get it fixed.

Anyway, I've got this old notebook running Ubuntu that I always use for these kinds of tests, and guess what, whenever I connect it to the same main router, it gets gigabit speed instantly, using the same cable.

So yes, I'm sure it's a Windows 10 issue.

Things I've tried (literally every possible fix I've found on the internet):

-Changing cable (it's a short distance anyway, before someones asks, like 2m)

-Changing adapter advanced settings (Speed & Duplex) from "Auto Negotiation" to "1.0Gbps Full Duplex". Does't work.

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter. Sometimes it works, but not for too long.

-Disabling global autotuning level.

-Swapped the network adapter with another one from my wife's computer. Didn't work.

-Tested the same PC using a live Linux CD. Instant Gigabite speeds.

Could you guys please help me out?

Thank you,

M.

submitted by /u/Morguitoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Morguitoo, Nov 20, 2020
  2. MGPG_U Win User

Network transmission speed

Thank you for your suggestion, but it doesn't work for me,Still 100mbps

Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps f1fd2f3d-94e6-457f-a0ec-4e092dae6996?upload=true.png

MGPG_U, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Kyle Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Hi guys.
    I've had to mark this as unresolved and bring it back up as the issue has returned. I am not sure what it is that is causing this as I haven't installed any program that would limit, manage/handle bandwidth usage.
    Below are a few screenshots of my Programs and Features list and the list of Windows Updates:

Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps [​IMG]

To also note; I have done a few speedtests and the result is the same as before I reinstalled Windows. (100-144Mbps) After reinstalling, for a few weeks I was getting my full speed. (380Mbps) Then it suddenly capped. My iPhone XR (being connected to my 5GHz WiFi network) gets the full speed.

I have also redone the "tweaks" for trying to remove the limitation as in tutorials on Google. No help. None of these "fixes" actually work. That is to say; updating my network card driver (in this case my TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit Ethernet PCI card), using Command Prompt with the few commands suggested to use, GPEdit.msc, etc. None of these work. Windows 10 is still limiting/capping my Internet and it is beyond frustrating. Delivery Optimization is also disabled and Limit Reservable Bandwidth in QoS Packet Scheduler is set to 0%.

I should also note that my Private Internet Access VPN is disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Typing this into an elevated command prompt seemed to allow me to use more of my speed, but not 350Mbps+.
    I'm assuming it is peak times at the moment.

Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps b79c8b13-8099-463d-bea7-e6b97e46b502.png

4. Treffie56 Win User

Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps

Network card of Giga and shows only 100mbps on network connections

I've set my jumbo Frame to disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Still 100 Mbps... ^^

- - - Updated - - -

I've bought a new Network switch of Gigabit and it changed my Network Connections speed to 1 Gbps but still not changed my internet test, it still gives under 100 Mbps.

Treffie56, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps

1. Windows 10 limiting network speed to 100Mbps - Similar Threads - limiting network speed

2. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps: Just to say, bad english cause i am a little stressed, versão portugues do brasil usando mais de um neuronio logo depoisGood morning/day/night, may your day be less frustating than mine In this house we have 2 computers on the same routermine that had internet working...
  3. Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller limiting internet speed to 100mbps: Just to say, bad english cause i am a little stressed, versão portugues do brasil usando mais de um neuronio logo depoisGood morning/day/night, may your day be less frustating than mine In this house we have 2 computers on the same routermine that had internet working...
  4. windows 10/11 network speed is limited to 100Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10/11 network speed is limited to 100Mbps: I have a windows 10 and windows 11, two windows machines. both are dell laptops, one is dell zhan 66, the other is dell G15 5520. while connected to my AP at home, even i download a file from a local server at home, the download speed is exactly about 12M. while it is like...
  5. windows 10/11 network speed is limited to 100Mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10/11 network speed is limited to 100Mbps: I have a windows 10 and windows 11, two windows machines. both are dell laptops, one is dell zhan 66, the other is dell G15 5520. while connected to my AP at home, even i download a file from a local server at home, the download speed is exactly about 12M. while it is like...
  6. How to limit Network speed in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit Network speed in windows 11: So, I have a router at home and I have connected my windows 11 machine to it with ethernet. There are others that are connected to the router through ethernet. So, i want to limit my network speed so that others can have the left network speed. My router provides max speed of...
  7. Getting 100mbps speed from 2.5gbe network card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting 100mbps speed from 2.5gbe network card: Hi, I have a Windows 10 HP Pavilion 595-p0049. I am getting only 100mbps speed from my network card. I recently purchased a 2.5 gbe Realtek card it for my PC (already had a preinstalled 1gbe card, also from Realtek). The preinstalled card is getting 930mbps as tested on...
  8. Network speed is limited

Network speed is limited: Hello guys, my laptop keeps limiting itself to below 10mbps frequently. Very rarely it can get the full speed of nearly 50mbps via ethernet. But then it drops below 10mbps and I can't figure out why. All of my other devices are doing fine. The cable I tested separately, that...
  9. Windows 10 download speed locked at 100Mbps

Windows 10 download speed locked at 100Mbps: I recently re-installed Windows on my computer, and now under the network tab in Settings, it shows that my internet speed is locked at 100Mbps. I have gigabit ethernet installed, and before re-installing was able to get full speed on my internet. I have tried changing the...
  10. Gigabit connection limited to 100mbps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gigabit connection limited to 100mbps: Hello everyone. I have a gigabit connection, but using the ethernet I can reach only 100mbps. Yes, my router supports gigabit connection. Using the 5ghz Wi-Fi I can reach up to 600mbps. My network adapter is the "Realtek pcie gbe family controller". Gbe means it support...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speed up your wifi 1mb/s to 10mb/s in pc