Windows 10: Windows 10 line in not working - Not Plugged In

Discus and support Windows 10 line in not working - Not Plugged In in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and my onboard Realtek HD Audio "Line In" input appears to be unplugged all the time, even when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dan_240, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Dan_240 Win User

Windows 10 line in not working - Not Plugged In

I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and my onboard Realtek HD Audio "Line In" input appears to be unplugged all the time, even when I insert a cable from a microphone or another stereo device. I have tried reinstalling the Realtek driver, I have checked the Windows updates with no results. My line-in device, 'Mic-in at front panelblack' as is appears in the Recordings tab of the sound devices, is still 'Not Connected'.

I have tried using other recording software, like Audacity, and the line-in option does not even appear in the recording sources options.

Please help! I've wasted a lot of hours trying to fix this issue!

:)

Dan_240, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows 10 line in not working - Not Plugged In :)

Naki, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 line in not working - Not Plugged In - Similar Threads - line working Plugged

2. Windows 10 usb booting into random lines and not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 usb booting into random lines and not working: Hey everyone. I was trying to install windows 10 on my laptop from my usb, but it didnt work, I used media creation tool When i boot into the usb, i just get some random white lines on the down-side of the screen. My USB is 16 gb by the way. What should i do to fix this...
  3. Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...: Please help! My mic does not work when plugged into the rear mic jack or line in jack. The speakers plugged into the rear jack work fine - on the same group of ports as both the rear mic jack and line in jack.The same mic works fine when plugged into the front mic jack....
  4. Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...: Please help! My mic does not work when plugged into the rear mic jack or line in jack. The speakers plugged into the rear jack work fine - on the same group of ports as both the rear mic jack and line in jack.The same mic works fine when plugged into the front mic jack....
  5. Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Line in port says nothing is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line in port says nothing is plugged in: I am using an aux cord to connect my PlayStation to my PC audio to get everything through the same headset. When i plug the aux cord in however, the line in port says there is nothing plugged in. I had this previously working with a Nintendo Switch but now it doesn't seem to...
  7. Line In > Not plugged in

Line In > Not plugged in: I was using Windows 10 Pro on a Samsung SSD and everything worked fine. I recently thought it would be a brilliant idea to switch to the Corsair NVMe. So I popped it in, reinstalled windows and everything looked great for a while until a number of annoying little things...
  8. LINE IN REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO NOT PLUGGED IN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    LINE IN REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO NOT PLUGGED IN?: LINE IN REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO NOT PLUGGED IN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-in-realtek-high-definition-audio-not-plugged/5aff8ff8-0983-4401-9f55-d9b6164752b1
  9. Speakers are plugged in and working but no sound. Windows 10

Speakers are plugged in and working but no sound. Windows 10: My speakers are plugged in its working fine when i plug it in my phone but when i plug it in my computer i dont hear anything theres this icon [ATTACH] when i hovee over it says theres nothing plugged in but my speakers are plugged in never mind i think i fixed it...
  10. Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10

Plug in Microphone not working on Windows 10: How do I get a Plug in Microphone to work on Windows 10? When troubleshooting, problem found was: Generic Audio Driver. How do I resolve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plug-in-microphone-not-working-on-windows-10/0a4998c2-deae-4334-95bc-f93cc8db0d7b