Windows 10: Windows 10 Liscensing - OEM/System builder - which one to use

Discus and support Windows 10 Liscensing - OEM/System builder - which one to use in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I intended to build my own PC . Can I use the OEM version of Win10 Prof available from Amazon . Will that have a valid license key that I can use and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RAJEEVK1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. RAJEEVK1 Win User

Windows 10 Liscensing - OEM/System builder - which one to use

I intended to build my own PC . Can I use the OEM version of Win10 Prof available from Amazon . Will that have a valid license key that I can use and activate. Also in case I change my PC later can that be used on the new one.

:)

RAJEEVK1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Is Windows 10 OEM allowed for system builders?

In order to qualify as a system builder you must assemble at least 100 computers per year from individual components. No, I'm just kidding! I wouldn't worry at all about how many components you have to assemble to be a system builder. I don't think Microsoft defines that anywhere. To me, the last step of building a computer system is to install the OS and make sure it all works.

NavyLCDR, Jan 17, 2019
  3. OEM System Builder

My previous PC motherboard have been distracted and i changed it to new motherboard. I have purchased and installed the Win 10 Pro OEM System Builder in this new motherboard and i purchased motherboard and Win 10 Pro OEM System Builder different date. Is
    it possible in term of licensing? if not can you provide the url for downloading whitepaper?

Mohd Shafiq Ikram Abdullah, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Liscensing - OEM/System builder - which one to use

OEM System Builder

The OEM System Builder license is really intended for people who build and resell computers. That said, that clause is not enforced. OEM licenses still remain a cheap way for users to buy Windows 10.

Licensing a system with OEM Windows 10 under Microsoft's policies would require that you build a working computer, install it, then resell it.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Liscensing - OEM/System builder - which one to use

1. Windows 10 Liscensing - OEM/System builder - which one to use - Similar Threads - Liscensing OEM System

2. Is OEM okay for system builders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is OEM okay for system builders?: Hi. I'm a student and building my own computer. I'm interested in security such as tpm and so want professional edition. I know that in the past a security conscious 'education' edition was available to students but that it's now only available through an institution. So, my...
  3. Is OEM okay for system builders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is OEM okay for system builders?: Hi. I'm a student and building my own computer. I'm interested in security such as tpm and so want professional edition. I know that in the past a security conscious 'education' edition was available to students but that it's now only available through an institution. So, my...
  4. Windows 7 OEM System Builder Pack Repurpose

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 OEM System Builder Pack Repurpose: I have an old IBM T41 Laptop that I want to sell or give away. I installed a Windows 7 OEM System Builder Pack OS Win7 SBP OS on it but want to know if the Win7 SBP OS CD should go with the computer or not either installed on the hard drive or with no hard drive, only the CD...
  5. Windows 7 OEM System Builder Pack Repurpose

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 OEM System Builder Pack Repurpose: I have an old IBM T41 Laptop that I want to sell or give away. I installed a Windows 7 OEM System Builder Pack OS Win7 SBP OS on it but want to know if the Win7 SBP OS CD should go with the computer or not either installed on the hard drive or with no hard drive, only the CD...
  6. Can I use system builder oem windows 10 on my own build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use system builder oem windows 10 on my own build?: I am planning on building a computer with all parts in a year. If i get system builder OEM license which is cheaper, is it allowed? i see people saying its allowed on articles and stuff... but microsoft says its not allowed for personal use and only if you sell the pc... I am...
  7. OEM Key Ordering for System Builders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Key Ordering for System Builders: Who do I need to get in touch with to order OEM Keys for my System Building company? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key-ordering-for-system-builders/1032717c-80f3-4ce1-aff5-ff9bbc697efd
  8. Product Key Question - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM System Builder

Product Key Question - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM System Builder: Dear All, A few years back I bought a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OEM System Builder disk. Loaded it and spent a lot of time creating a configuration that I wanted. When completed, I imaged the build and have it stored on a separate detachable drive. What I want...
  9. Windows 10 System Builder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 System Builder: I build computers in my spare time from scratch or sometimes have to reinstall the OS do to serious viruses or what not. May I use the System Builder to install the OS on multi computers and how does the activation key work "do I use the same one or how many keys does it come...
  10. Is Windows 10 OEM allowed for system builders?

Is Windows 10 OEM allowed for system builders?: Lets say I want to build my own system, can I buy Windows 10 OEM and use it legally? I know that Windows 8 OEM introduced this allowance, but 8.1 OEM got rid of it. So, what's the score with Win10 OEM? 53037