Windows 10: Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

Discus and support Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry to trouble you, but I seem to have a similar problem to other folk where my Windows 10 load time has jumped from very speedy (SSD disk, around 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Harry Flatters, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

Sorry to trouble you, but I seem to have a similar problem to other folk where my Windows 10 load time has jumped from very speedy (SSD disk, around 5 secs) to not very speedy at all (around 50 secs).

I have run the WPA and produced a log, but I'm not really experienced enough to read the results. The only clue I did pick up was that "autochk.exe" seems to be running for about 30 secs. However, this may be a complete red herring. I would really appreciate some help here as I dread the thought of having to re-install WinX. Since building this PC at Christmas, it has taken me this long to get everything installed. Worth saying that once logged in, the performance remains excellent, it's just the "Session Init" phase that is taking 49 seconds. Thank you and again sorry to trouble you.

Log file is here:

Dropbox - WPR Files.zip - Simplify your life

:)

Harry Flatters, Feb 17, 2021

2. maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears

I have a brand new Dell computer running Windows 10, when I click on the MAPS tile in START, the app appears for a sec, then disappears. I have tried all suggested fixes: troubleshooter, latest updates, Update from MS Store - same result. For the sec that
    it appears, it looks like the app is trying to load maps.

malcolmgoddard, Feb 17, 2021
  3. maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears

sajad_5858, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Felipe Win User

Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

Bios boot time 15 sec

My setup:

• MotherBoard: Asus H170 Pro
    • Bios Ver. 1803
    • Windows 10

Sata information:

• SATA6G_1: ADATA SP900 (128.0GB)
    • SATA6G_2: ADATA SP900 (128.0GB)
    • SATA6G_3: N/A
    • SATA6G_4: N/A
    • SATA6G_5: N/A WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 (1000.2GB)
    • SATA6G_6: ATAPI iHAS224 Y ATAPI

SSD are in raid 0.

Boot Priority:

1. Windows Boot Manager (Intel Volume1)
    2. SATA6G_6: ATAPI iHAS224 Y ATAPI

The problem is in bios boot time. It takes aprox 15+ sec. In my opinion it's very long. For example in my old, slow laptop with hdd it takes aprox 3 or 4 sec.

I show some img of my bios settings.

It is possible to reduce my bios boot time to aprox 3 sec? and how do that?

Felipe, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

1. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs - Similar Threads - load jumped secs

2. Ntoskrnl.exe. pings router 388 times in a sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ntoskrnl.exe. pings router 388 times in a sec: Ntoskrnl.exeTCPSrc: laptopDest: routerStarting port on laptop: 58307Ending port on laptop: 58695The target port on the router is random, i.e. 3368, 55000, 4433, 2103, 20.Ntoskrnl.exe polls 388 ports in a secWhy is this program doing this?What settings are needed to change...
  3. why takes 5 sec to close browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    why takes 5 sec to close browser: takers 5 ser. to close browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-takes-5-sec-to-close-browser/e4959592-49b8-4a7b-b443-7978a514f7c3
  4. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  5. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  6. The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec: Hey there, So my laptop (Acer Swift 3 SF315-52-87R5) had a charging port issue I had sent it back to the manufacturer where they had replaced the motherboard after receiving the laptop everything works fine there is no issue with the laptop. I gave it fresh install of...
  7. Black window monitor restarting every 5 sec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black window monitor restarting every 5 sec: Hello everyone, i got a really bad problem, so after last update i cant play/use my pc because after i log in on my desktop aprears a applicstion like cmd and i cant do nothing, all commands are dead.. I can use only ctrl shift esc for task manager but that is useless because...
  8. 5-10 sec. delay opening network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5-10 sec. delay opening network connection: I have two very similar desktop PCs, both running Win10 from when they were built, perhaps six months ago. Same Intel processor, same Intel network adapter and driver. On one machine, there is a 5-10 second delay before network connection is established, every time that the...
  9. Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.: I have an ASUS 6730 with Win 10 and I just installed an SSD as the boot drive. Boot time is very long 90 sec. I have the latest BIOS version. I tried disconnecting all external drives. I turned off the old internal drive in Devices just in case the BIOS was searching the old...
  10. 5-sec Lag on Start Menu Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    5-sec Lag on Start Menu Search Results: But not all searches lag; only the results for system settings (control panel items/shortcuts) , along with file/folder searches. The only search terms that are instant like they should seems to be anything in shell:programs + some other specials like the Downloads folder....