Windows 10: Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I did clean reinstall of windows 10 after exepriencing issues while trying to install dual operating systems. The installation completed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FSXAccount, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive

Hi,

Yesterday I did clean reinstall of windows 10 after exepriencing issues while trying to install dual operating systems. The installation completed successfully but there is a strange thing I noticed. When I turn on the computer the motherboard splash screen stays on and windows loading circle is spinning below it and it afterwards loads the operating system. I figured I could try and change the boot priority in BIOS and places my hard drive to be the first and then "windows boot manager", but it then said I need to select or insert a bootable device like there's no storage device in the computer. Also the windows is loading up much slower than on my previous installation.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

:)

FSXAccount, Dec 28, 2019
  2. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Partition management

Or at the very least, make sure that your hard drive boot order is correct, because it will take the first writable drive in the boot list to determine where to put the boot loader. As Jester suggested, pop the Windows install disk in, make sure your boot order is correct (or unplug the drive,) and run repair. It's really that simple.

Aquinus, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive

1. Windows 10 loading from boot manager and not hard drive - Similar Threads - loading boot manager

2. Q: Dual-boot system and hard drive management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q: Dual-boot system and hard drive management: My current setup involves 3 hard drives:\C: for windows and HDD1, HDD2 for archival purposes.I'd like to expand it into a dual-boot system, to have a fresh and compatible windows install on a separate new ssd for audio production and keep the original one for general use of...
  3. Q: Dual-boot system and hard drive management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Q: Dual-boot system and hard drive management: My current setup involves 3 hard drives:\C: for windows and HDD1, HDD2 for archival purposes.I'd like to expand it into a dual-boot system, to have a fresh and compatible windows install on a separate new ssd for audio production and keep the original one for general use of...
  4. Load Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Load Windows 10 on new hard drive: I have a Dell system. System came with Windows 8.1. Several years ago, I took advantage of free version of Windows 10. My hard drive is going bad and I must replace it. I need a way to load Windows 10 on my new drive. Can I create a formattable usb recovery drive? Is...
  5. Windows 10 will not load from SSD without hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not load from SSD without hard drive: Hello, Recently I installed a SSD and was able to use both it and a hard drive simultaneously, with the SSD acting as the boot drive. Yesterday when I turned on my PC Windows failed to stat and the screen advised to restore Windows, which led tot he loss of my files etc....
  6. Hard drive is missing from disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive is missing from disk management: Hello , recently I was playing cod warzone on my laptop and then suddenly my it shut down and my drives except c disappeared and now it's not even starting up properly please help it's a new laptop submitted by /u/fattryingtobefit [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows won't load from hard drive

Windows won't load from hard drive: I have a Toshiba Satellite C75D that I am giving to someone. At one point I had a partition dedicated to Linux. I deleted the partition but it still opened the GRUB 2 loading screen. In an attempt to remove this, I recovered Windows 10. After doing so, the computer displayed...
  8. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574
  9. Windows Boot Manager issue with Dual Boot on different Hard Drives

Windows Boot Manager issue with Dual Boot on different Hard Drives: Issue: after installing Windows 10 UEFI on Hard drive, I can't boot anymore on Windows 7 UEFI (SSD). My main system, W7 UEFI, is on a SSD. I would like to have a backup system on a different drive (HD) in case my SSD fails so I can be up and running without losing any...
  10. Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive: I recently obtained an HP pavilion desktop pc loaded with Windows 7 which I upgraded to 10. All was going well and everything loaded ok but was having problems with Edge so I decided to do a complete restore from the settings which it didn't complete and said there was a...