Windows 10: Windows 10 Local Account and update issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 Local Account and update issues. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Was a windows 8.1 computer. We cant add new accounts. Nothing but problems with windows 10 upgrades. networking seems locked down. things like media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by noremark, Jan 9, 2021.

1. noremark Win User

Windows 10 Local Account and update issues.

Was a windows 8.1 computer. We cant add new accounts. Nothing but problems with windows 10 upgrades. networking seems locked down. things like media devices just give me a Property's window. on a private network with file sharing opened up and passwords not required for network connections.

have run a file checker, and fixes completed. What directions should i Look?

:)

noremark, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Local Account and update issues. :(

Zakin, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Local Account and update issues.

New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Local Account and update issues.

1. Windows 10 Local Account and update issues. - Similar Threads - Local Account update

2. Windows 10 sign-in issues using Micrsoft Account non-local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sign-in issues using Micrsoft Account non-local account: Today I changed my Windows 10 local account to MS account.After restart, I am facing severe problems logging in.I have a Windows login window after a boot.Now i see there my profile picture, my name, my email MS account for login.I have a 'sign in' button below email...
  3. Local to microsoft account issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local to microsoft account issues: If I click on setting and go to accounts then click on email & accounts.. it will just load forever. I have givin it 2 hours to load and it never stop. If I were to click on sync your settings it will freeze for 5 minutes but will load the page. If I click on sign-in-options...
  4. Local to microsoft account issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local to microsoft account issues: If I click on setting and go to accounts then click on email & accounts.. it will just load forever. I have givin it 2 hours to load and it never stop. If I were to click on sync your settings it will freeze for 5 minutes but will load the page. If I click on sign-in-options...
  5. Local to microsoft account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. windows 10 local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 local account: I just did a new install of 10 and it created a local account and everything seems to go under the local account instead of the Admin me account. How do I make windows 10 use the Admin account instead?...
  7. Windows 10 Local Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Local Account: Hello, I have a recently refreshed my computer Windows 10 Pro. Soon after, I noticed another 'local administrator account' named 'scheduler'. Should i be worried about this account? Is there a reason i should not delete the account and if so, where can i get more...
  8. local account/windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local account/windows 10: I was wondering if there was any windows 10 installation that you can download that allows local accounts vs. microsoft accounts. Although the Microsoft Accounts might have advantages if someone has several computers, I have customers who need me to reformat their computers....
  9. Issues with local account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with local account password: I have an issue with my account on my PC. When I look at the account under manage my accounts the account shows up as a Local Account, but when I attempt to convert it to a Microsoft account under Accounts there is no option to do so. It looks like a Microsoft account...
  10. Domain to Local Account Issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain to Local Account Issues: Hello, one and all! When I initially upgraded to 10 from 8.1 I created a local account and logged into my Microsoft Account. I just recently used the Windows Server Essentials 2012 Connector to get on the domain at work. After all of that completed successfully I went to...