Windows 10: Windows 10 Local Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Local Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a recently refreshed my computer Windows 10 Pro. Soon after, I noticed another 'local administrator account' named 'scheduler'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hein Kunneke, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Local Account

Hello,

I have a recently refreshed my computer Windows 10 Pro. Soon after, I noticed another 'local administrator account' named 'scheduler'.

Should i be worried about this account?

Is there a reason i should not delete the account and if so,

where can i get more information regarding the account and its purpose?

Windows 10 Local Account b32a770a-c018-4106-abde-191ca97e716f?upload=true.jpg

Thank You

:)

Hein Kunneke, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Local Account :(

Zakin, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Local Account

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Local Account

1. Windows 10 Local Account - Similar Threads - Local Account

2. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  3. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  4. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  5. Local account user denied

Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  6. Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts: If you’ve successfully set up your PC with a local account, a new Windows 10 feature will nag you to create a Microsoft account. This feature will be turned on by default in Windows 10’s May 2024 Patch Tuesday, which will begin rolling out to the general public and IT admins...
  7. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  8. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  9. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....