Windows 10: Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

Discus and support Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a computer fresh out of the box. I am logged in as the local administrator. When I try go to personilize, then themes, then click on Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Lee1, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

This is a computer fresh out of the box.

I am logged in as the local administrator. When I try go to personilize, then themes, then click on Desktop icon settings a pop up states that it can't access that folder because I dont have administrator rights. ummm I am the administrator. What the heck. Please help.

:)

Robert Lee1, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights

1. Windows 10 local administrator has no admin rights - Similar Threads - local administrator has

2. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator rights reduced to Local?: Administrator rights reduced to Local? I am the Administrator! I'm the only USER on this CPU. This BS is costing me money! I have a small business to run! And that stupid UAC is denying everything I try. There's no way to turn that off. Not without my Administrator...
  3. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator rights reduced to Local?: Administrator rights reduced to Local? I am the Administrator! I'm the only USER on this CPU. This BS is costing me money! I have a small business to run! And that stupid UAC is denying everything I try. There's no way to turn that off. Not without my Administrator...
  4. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights: Hello dear all.Our computer has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights. I mean, all are administrator and all are within the local administrators group, but in practice, none acts as admin.We have tried a few suggestions from different forums, but nothing seems to...
  6. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights: Hello dear all.Our computer has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights. I mean, all are administrator and all are within the local administrators group, but in practice, none acts as admin.We have tried a few suggestions from different forums, but nothing seems to...
  7. My computer with Windows 10 has 9 administrator accounts but none has admin rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to user local admin rights on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to user local admin rights on Windows 10: Hi, We have a Windows 10 Machine as Azure AD Joined. I have assigned the Helpdesk Team the Device Administrator role from AAD -> Devices -> Device Settings -> Additional local administrators, however, the helpdesk team is not able to use the admin privileges. Kindly...
  9. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  10. Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`: I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can. I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 local admin no admin rights

2. administrator has no administartaor rights

3. no admin rights windows 10 local admin

4. difference between Local Administrator and Administrator in windows 10