Windows 10: Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group

Discus and support Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a justification to add the domain admins group into the local Windows 10 administrators group. There seems to be a risk here or at least one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kevin Dietz kdietz, May 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group

Is there a justification to add the domain admins group into the local Windows 10 administrators group. There seems to be a risk here or at least one risk anyway with adding these elevated accounts. We have the local administrator account enabled and are using LAPS to manage the password. We do have a desktop support account added to this group to manage the desktop.

:)

Kevin Dietz kdietz, May 8, 2021
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, May 8, 2021
  3. Daniel K Win User
    How to add a domain user to Administrators group in Windows 10

To add an account as a member of the administrators group you need to be a local administrator already and you need to have rights to read the active directory information. A normal user can do this so what you want to do should be possible:

1. log on as local admin
    2. connect on the VPN
    3. open Start | Computer Management | Local Users and Groups (or run lusrmgr.msc)
    4. double-click on the 'Administrators' group
    5. click the 'Add...' button

At this point, because you are on the VPN and the machine is a member of the domain, you should be able to click on the 'Locations...' button and select the domain as the location of the user list. At some point an authentication dialogue should pop up and you will need to enter your normal domain credentials.

Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group xGCVL.png

Daniel K, May 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group

Grant a Local Administrator Privileges for Domain User

Hi Ali Swadi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As Bill Smithers rightly mentioned in the above post,
    TechNet
    would be the forums for your query regarding setting group policies on domain environment.

For basic information, you may want to refer the following articles:

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group

1. Windows 10 Local Administrators Group AND Active Directory Domain Admins Group - Similar Threads - Local Administrators Group

2. Active Directory Administrative Center - AD groups not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Active Directory Administrative Center - AD groups not opening: Hi all! I have an issue where I am unable to open groups via Active Directory Administrative Center on a Windows Server machine, no error but just hangs instead, no window opens visibly but does show a dead window when you hover over its icon in the taskbar. Doesn't affect...
  3. Active Directory Administrative Center - AD groups not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Administrative Center - AD groups not opening: Hi all! I have an issue where I am unable to open groups via Active Directory Administrative Center on a Windows Server machine, no error but just hangs instead, no window opens visibly but does show a dead window when you hover over its icon in the taskbar. Doesn't affect...
  4. Active Directory Administrative Center - AD groups not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  6. Local Administrators Group

Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  7. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Add A Domain Admin Group as Admin on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add A Domain Admin Group as Admin on Windows 11: PLEASE NO RESPONSES FROM DIRECTLY EXPERTS UNLESS YOU 100% KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS SITUATION. Thank YouHelloBackground: One of my clients uses AD to manager their users and machines. The site manager who is an ADMIN user in AD was having difficulty installing apps on her new...
  9. Add A Domain Admin Group as Admin on Windows 11

Add A Domain Admin Group as Admin on Windows 11: PLEASE NO RESPONSES FROM DIRECTLY EXPERTS UNLESS YOU 100% KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS SITUATION. Thank YouHelloBackground: One of my clients uses AD to manager their users and machines. The site manager who is an ADMIN user in AD was having difficulty installing apps on her new...
  10. account in the Local Administrators group

in Windows 10 Customization
    account in the Local Administrators group: I am unable to create Account in the Local Administrators group I have tried power shell but not worked checked YouTube for creating in but got no help. What should I do...