Windows 10: Windows 10 Local Login gone

Discus and support Windows 10 Local Login gone in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; At the Login screen, the local login has gone and it appears to be replaced with the users home wifi login name and no password works with it. I am the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rohan Bacon, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Local Login gone

At the Login screen, the local login has gone and it appears to be replaced with the users home wifi login name and no password works with it. I am the IT support fella and the computer is used by a counselor. His home wifi password doesn't work nor the local login's password. What to do?

:)

Rohan Bacon, Jan 7, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Local Login gone

Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

Windows 10 Sign in: Password, PIN, Picture Password

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Local Login gone

1. Windows 10 Local Login gone - Similar Threads - Local Login gone

2. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  3. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  4. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No Local Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Local Login: I was recently having trouble redownloading Microsoft Office after it stopped working, due to space. Admittedly, I deleted a lot of files I figured were unnecessary. Terrible choice. Along the way, I was having trouble with admin privileges so I tried to add another user with...
  6. No Local Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Local Login: I was recently having trouble redownloading Microsoft Office after it stopped working, due to space. Admittedly, I deleted a lot of files I figured were unnecessary. Terrible choice. Along the way, I was having trouble with admin privileges so I tried to add another user with...
  7. No Local Login

8. Microsoft login vs. local login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft login vs. local login: My Windows 10 Pro is accessed by me (administrator) using my Microsoft password. If I want to connect from another computer, I am asked for my password which I assume is a local one, which I do not have. Is there a way that I can keep using my Microsoft login yet have a local...
  9. Local User login on Win 10

Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  10. Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro

Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro: We just installed a new Dell OptiPlex running Windows 10 Pro and are unable to login to local accounts we create. How does one do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-local-accounts-on-windows-10/41fd6876-db76-4a73-8158-7683e29cfc27

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login window gone