Windows 10: Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

Discus and support Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to do a Windows 10 reset using keep my files because a virus attacked my computer on August 7, 2022. It's been the 10th day of trying to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Phone2 Phone2, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

I'm trying to do a Windows 10 reset using keep my files because a virus attacked my computer on August 7, 2022. It's been the 10th day of trying to get my computer back to normal. I cannot perform a clean install because I have too many files to back up and I have no Windows 10 CD or a flash drive that I can use.I want to get my computer back to normal because it's been ten days of fixing it and I have been delayed from doing my normal activities thanks to this stupid virus and the stupid person who created it.The cloud download didn't work because WinRE seems to have no network turned on.I

:)

Phone2 Phone2, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Bengie Win User

Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

10 Pro 21H1

This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset.

When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive
    There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local Reinstall.

My understanding of how this is worded is that Local Reinstall uses Windows already on your machine and
    Cloud Download downloads a new copy of Windows from MS and installs that.

I always use the Cloud Download but if it is a new download, how come my desktop picture and a couple of
    other things are still there when the Recovery has finished.
    If it was a download I would have expected just Windows ?

I hope that makes sense.

Bengie, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Vineet_K Win User
    Reset your PC using cloud download fails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in resetting PC using cloud download option

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your PC?
    • What happens when you select cloud download option for reset?
    • Do you get any error while trying to reset PC using cloud?
    • Do you use Wi-Fi or wired connection for internet?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    Please provide more information regarding the issue

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to perform a clean installation of Windows on PC, you can refer the section Clean install of Windows 10 using installation media from the article Reinstall Windows 10

Note: Performing a clean installation will remove all the applications/programs. Hence before doing that, please backup your important data at least on an external hard disk

If you are unsure about performing any steps, we do have videos for the same, you can watch the videos and perform the steps.

Refer: How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide

Additional information:

Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

Windows Insider

Let us know how it goes, we would be glad to help you further

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Vineet_K, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

Source: Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud - Windows Insider

How to Reset Windows 10

How to Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

1. Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download. - Similar Threads - local reset goes

2. Factory reset windows 10 cloud download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset windows 10 cloud download.: I wanted to factory reset my HP laptop so I can give it to a friend. On the download for Windows I could have chosen between local and Cloud, I went with the cloud since Windows would be up to date. I clicked all the options I wanted which were just to start completely fresh...
  3. Factory reset windows 10 cloud download.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset windows 10 cloud download.: I wanted to factory reset my HP laptop so I can give it to a friend. On the download for Windows I could have chosen between local and Cloud, I went with the cloud since Windows would be up to date. I clicked all the options I wanted which were just to start completely fresh...
  4. Factory reset windows 10 cloud download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.: I'm trying to do a Windows 10 reset using keep my files because a virus attacked my computer on August 7, 2022. It's been the 10th day of trying to get my computer back to normal. I cannot perform a clean install because I have too many files to back up and I have no Windows...
  6. Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.: I'm trying to do a Windows 10 reset using keep my files because a virus attacked my computer on August 7, 2022. It's been the 10th day of trying to get my computer back to normal. I cannot perform a clean install because I have too many files to back up and I have no Windows...
  7. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I choose for resetting my computer, and what is the difference?...
  8. What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?

What is the difference with cloud download, local reinstall during windows 10 reset?: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10, It prompted me "How would you like to reinstall Windows?", There are two options listed below, which one should I choose for resetting my computer, and what is the difference?...
  9. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  10. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...