Windows 10: Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address

Discus and support Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi This issue has not been resolved in of the versions Windows 10 i've installed I lived at an address 4 years ago which is 120miles away from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sykogee, May 27, 2020.

1. Sykogee Win User

Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address

Hi

This issue has not been resolved in of the versions Windows 10 i've installed

I lived at an address 4 years ago which is 120miles away from where I am now.
    I purchased a Surfacebook at my old address - Find my device would show my location within 100feet.

Since moving and formatting and reinstalling the Surfacebook many times Find my device, Maps app still shows my old location.

Where is it getting the location from? - is it using my WiFi SSID to calculate it?, my external IP has definitely changed being with a different ISP.

Tried tethering the Surfacebook to my phone - but FMD still shows the old address.

Why is this? - Find My Device is not going to be very useful if the Surfacebook was stolen

Hopefully someone with knowledge can provide an answer - or at least a way that I can get it to delete the old location

Thanks

:)

Sykogee, May 27, 2020
  2. dcell Win User

Devices Show Wrong Location

I have two laptops and two desktops. ALL devices consistently show the wrong address. It is an old address/location from when I first created a Microsoft account SEVERAL years ago. I've gone through my account multiple times making sure the correct location
    is listed. I actually have to disable location sharing on the two laptops because the issue causes problems. Does not matter where the devices are, when I sign into my account, they show as being located at the old address. If location sharing is active, any
    program from a specific device will show as being at the old address. One of the laptops and one of the desktops have never even been in that location, I got them after we moved. Searching through past questions here has been no help. Using the Map App on
    all of the devices will show the old address if I click to show current location.

dcell, May 27, 2020
  3. How to delete an incorrect email address showing in profile history

The YouTube video does not work on a Windows phone. I tried to follow the steps but the email address still shows in the auto-complete(suggest) list when I start typing the to address. The only way I was able to get rid of the address was to "hard" reset
    the phone. Which was painfull in getting it set back up the way I wanted to.

MarkDavidsonUSA, May 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address

Windows location stuck on very old location

Hello,

I understand your concern. Let me help you with this issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Go to Weather app in the search bar, and choose settings.

2. In the General tab, Under Launch location, select always detect my location.
    3. If Location services is turned off for weather, click on settings.

4. Choose Location in the left pane.

3. Under Location for this device is on, check if it is turned on.

Also, suggest you to clear history of the location from the Settings > Privacy > Location.

Method 2: Start the Geolocation service.

1. Press Windows + R, type Services.msc, and hit enter.
    2. Choose Geolocation service from the list.

3. Start the service if it is stopped, and check if it works.

Refer to the below link on Windows 10 location service and privacy: FAQ as a reference.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address

1. Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address - Similar Threads - Location find device

2. Microsoft account find device shows my previous address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account find device shows my previous address: When I go to my Microsoft account from settings on Windows 11 and click devices and then click find device against my PC, it shows as y previous address.. If I click payments and billing, I have updated it to my new address but when I click the find my device, it still shows...
  3. Microsoft account find device shows my previous address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account find device shows my previous address: When I go to my Microsoft account from settings on Windows 11 and click devices and then click find device against my PC, it shows as y previous address.. If I click payments and billing, I have updated it to my new address but when I click the find my device, it still shows...
  4. Location is disabled on Find My Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location is disabled on Find My Device: I have the Find My Device feature turned on yet it says location disabled. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-disabled-on-find-my-device/dd8d5e53-bf26-48ab-81d4-55b1d2b94c4c
  5. Find my device is on, as is the location but still it says "location is disabled" when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find my device is on, as is the location but still it says "location is disabled" when I...: Any thing I can do so that this works correctly? It does show my correct city on the information board but then pretends to not know anything anymore when i enter the "find my device" screen.Thanks in advance...
  6. Find my device is on, as is the location but still it says "location is disabled" when I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find my device is on, as is the location but still it says "location is disabled" when I...: Any thing I can do so that this works correctly? It does show my correct city on the information board but then pretends to not know anything anymore when i enter the "find my device" screen.Thanks in advance...
  7. Find My Device map shows wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  8. Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address.: How do I update my location to my new address. The old address is in another time zone and is messing up my clock/ calendar and weather. Thanks....
  9. Why is it that in Find A Device: The location shows a different address an as a Desktop, I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is it that in Find A Device: The location shows a different address an as a Desktop, I...: Why, when I go to find a device it shows a different address than where I am? How do I change this? Please help! [Moved from: Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2019]...
  10. Find My Device location is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Find My Device location is wrong: I tested out "Find My Device" on my HP Laptop Windows 10. The location it shows is not where the laptop is located -- it is off by quite a bit. I checked that "Location" is on, and that "Maps" can access location. Is there anything else that I can do? Thanks....