Windows 10: Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute

Discus and support Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop locks by itself after 1 minute even if the display settings are set to 5/10 minutes please check the screenshot attached. I tried to restore... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DanLN, Dec 17, 2020.

1. DanLN Win User

Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute

My laptop locks by itself after 1 minute even if the display settings are set to 5/10 minutes please check the screenshot attached.

I tried to restore the default power settings but it did not work.

I tried the solution linked here below but it did not work:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello-winpc/how-to-stop-windows-10-desktop-auto-lock-after-1/69b01f58-5500-455a-9021-0bcd2aabfbca

I started having this issue after windows installed an update about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the help!

Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute 1b573497-39ff-47f4-af52-c929ced323a1?upload=true.jpg

:)

DanLN, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2020
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute

Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute

1. Windows 10 lock by itself after 1 minute - Similar Threads - lock itself minute

2. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  3. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  4. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys,A few weeks ago my Windows 11, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen.I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being:Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time.Disable and enable the system video card.Start Windows...
  5. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  6. Screen Locks after 1 minute

Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  7. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  8. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  9. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  10. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute: I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is...