Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen Backgrounds Cause Grey Screen Of Death?

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen Backgrounds Cause Grey Screen Of Death? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an ongoing Windows 10 issue with the Grey Screen Of Death on my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro running Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindasJM, Dec 6, 2020.

1. LindasJM Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen Backgrounds Cause Grey Screen Of Death?

Hello,

I have an ongoing Windows 10 issue with the Grey Screen Of Death on my Samsung Notebook 9 Pro running Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363.

I keep getting a Grey Screen of Death -- trying to fix this issue has already cost me money I had to pay a tech to reinstall Windows 10 when my computer died and many long hours. For long periods of time my computer will work just fine -- and, then the Grey Screen of Death issues starts up again.

I've seen many possible reasons why this happens dating back several years online but since it goes away and then comes backand I require permission for all updates on my computer so I can back up my computer prior to the install but somehow Microsoft still pushes through updates and the problem starts again. I got the Grey Screen of Death 6 times while I was typing this message.

Since this issue is periodically getting resolved or I don't think it would stop at times why can't Microsoft permanently fix the problem?

Linda

:)

LindasJM, Dec 6, 2020

2. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2020
  3. White lock screen background issue

Have unfortunately gone through all these steps in the tutorial with no luck.

I'm on 1809. I only modified my lock screen in that I have enabled the windows spotlight for the lock screen.

Edit: Okay I think I figured out the culprit. It's a third party app displayfusion that has the ability to change the lockscreen, but oddly, this lockscreen changing ability is totally turned off. Yet it seems to be affecting it.

bobsagetfullhou, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen Backgrounds Cause Grey Screen Of Death?

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Lock Screen Backgrounds Cause Grey Screen Of Death?

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen Backgrounds Cause Grey Screen Of Death? - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Backgrounds

2. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death: Hey I’m really nervous because I downloaded a faulty malware of some sorts I don’t know what and I was able to restore the pc to a point before the current windows that I had was installed, I did this and it booted perfectly it wasn’t until the second time I turned my...
  3. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen of death: Hey I’m really nervous because I downloaded a faulty malware of some sorts I don’t know what and I was able to restore the pc to a point before the current windows that I had was installed, I did this and it booted perfectly it wasn’t until the second time I turned my...
  4. Grey screen of death ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death ?: Was playing call of duty earlier and noticed one of the monitors go grey so I tabbed to main screen which was also grey I have reset the computer multiple times and unplugged everything but is still showing up grey and text /login pictures aren't showing up please help...
  5. Grey screen of death ?

Grey screen of death ?: Was playing call of duty earlier and noticed one of the monitors go grey so I tabbed to main screen which was also grey I have reset the computer multiple times and unplugged everything but is still showing up grey and text /login pictures aren't showing up please help...
  6. Grey screen of death ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen of death: Hi! I recently started having problems with my PC the main issue really the only issue is that everytime I log in with my password to access the PC I get a grey screen that appears every 1-2 seconds and while it goes grey it also refreshes the taskbar making it so that I...
  8. Grey screen of death

Grey screen of death: Hi! I recently started having problems with my PC the main issue really the only issue is that everytime I log in with my password to access the PC I get a grey screen that appears every 1-2 seconds and while it goes grey it also refreshes the taskbar making it so that I...
  9. lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen background: hello, I set a custom lock screen and when booting up my PC crashed. when it restarted the lock screen became the default windows lock screen is this a bug or is it supposed to happen...
  10. Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey screen of death: So i have encountered the grey screen of death. I have tried all the soloutions ive seen on the internet such as holding the power key of 5-10 seconds and repeating three times that fidnt work i turned the power key on while clicking the delete repeatly until the grey screen...