Windows 10: Windows 10 lock screen flickering and wont let me log in

Discus and support Windows 10 lock screen flickering and wont let me log in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Im having a very annoying issue with the new pc I built a couple of days ago, after installing the 2018-10- windows cumulative update... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BennyDe Jesus, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 lock screen flickering and wont let me log in

Hi everyone, Im having a very annoying issue with the new pc I built a couple of days ago, after installing the 2018-10- windows cumulative update 1803. My windows lock screen just flashes blue and black and doesnt let me do anything at all. Please any advice or help will be appreciated.

:)

BennyDe Jesus, Oct 30, 2018

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Oct 30, 2018
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Windows 10 lock screen flickering and wont let me log in

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

Windows 10 lock screen flickering and wont let me log in

1. Windows 10 lock screen flickering and wont let me log in - Similar Threads - lock screen flickering

2. Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen: So I’ve been having trouble with a temp profile my pc isn’t starting up with my usual user profile, which is stored on my SSD drive. I followed the below advice, changed the details in the registry, and now when I go to put my pin in after a restart, it says please wait, and...
  3. Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen: So I’ve been having trouble with a temp profile my pc isn’t starting up with my usual user profile, which is stored on my SSD drive. I followed the below advice, changed the details in the registry, and now when I go to put my pin in after a restart, it says please wait, and...
  4. Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft store wont let me log in.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store wont let me log in.: I can open the store and select the account to sign into, but the moment i hit continue the pop up screen turns gray and nothing else is displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-let-me-log-in/1c242a73-2b02-42fa-8f26-79610e36205f
  6. My computer wont let me log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer wont let me log in: HiI'm at my wits end. Been trying to fix my computer all day but nothing works.I got the blue screen saying a problem with memory and the computer will have to restart.It restarted and gets to the screen with the date and time but as soon as I click the mouse to log in, the...
  7. Windows 10 wont let me log in, loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont let me log in, loop: After the latest update in August 2020, windows 10 wont let me log back in. Instead the computer pretends to be logging me in and loops me back to the nature splash screen. The update seemed to be struggling for at least 30 minutes trying to download, with the progress...
  8. It wont let me log into xbox.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It wont let me log into xbox.com: When I try to log in to Minecraft dungeons on my windows computer it says "Sorry something went wrong. Give it another try or try on xbox.com." so I tried again many times it didn't work so instead I went onto xbox.com and clicked the sign-in button but it redirected me to...
  9. It wont let me log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It wont let me log in: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamingNightFTW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxrsbk/it_wont_let_me_log_in/
  10. My laptop wont let me log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop wont let me log in.: So, I reset my laptop and now it wont let me log in. Any way you guys think I can log into it? It shows other user when I try to log in. I tried every single password I have. Please help...