Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen function does not save changes

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen function does not save changes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to add the windows app weather to my background so that i can get current updates. Before I implemented the change: I updated the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ntracs, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Ntracs Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen function does not save changes

I would like to add the windows app weather to my background so that i can get current updates.

Before I implemented the change:

I updated the video driver to ensure that system is up to date.

Select personalize from settings and select lock screen

The current lock screen options are set as follows
    The background is set to picture
    The two switches are set to on

I added the weather app to the box show an app detailed status

This added the weather app to the show quick access box

I returned to personalization in the settings menu and exited the menu

I thought that if a restart would implement the change since it did not i did a cold book still no change

:)

Ntracs, Nov 26, 2018

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 26, 2018
  3. How to change startup lock screen?

Hi Nic,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Lock screen image is same every time you login.

To change the image in the lock screen follow the steps:

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on personalize.
    • Select lock screen at the left pane.
    • Change the background option as picture from the drop down.
    • Then select the picture you want to save it as lock screen image from the default images or click on browse to select more images saved in your computer.
    Hope this information is helpful, Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen function does not save changes

Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Lock Screen function does not save changes

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen function does not save changes - Similar Threads - Lock Screen function

2. changing what a function key does on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    changing what a function key does on windows 10: I got a new gaming keyboard. the F1 key has a function to open music, so it opens windows media player. The keyboard doesn't has a software. is there any way that I can do it? what I want is to change the behaviour, meaning, clicking Fn + F1 opens Windows media player, I...
  3. Windows 10 Lock screen not functioning at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock screen not functioning at all.: I've searched about 200 posts across the web with no joy. I have gone to the settings panel, chose personalisation, then Lock Screen. I changed the background to Slideshow in the dropdown. I selected a folder to use as the source that has about 200 pictures in and all...
  4. Windows 10 CAPS lock function only changes if changing application focus

Windows 10 CAPS lock function only changes if changing application focus: We have a new Dell Laptop; Windows 10. I am not sure when this issue started out of the box or after 3rd party apps installed. There is an issue with changing between upper and lower case using the CAPS lock key. The key works, in that the light comes on, but in whatever...
  5. Save As function & screen

Save As function & screen: recently i've noticed that when I download any pdf documents from the web, it opens a Save As screen that is in full screen mode with no min/max function buttons so it covers the document i'm downloading, sometimes i download a lot of documents & can't quite remember which...
  6. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

Saving to PDF function on Windows 10: I need to save over 400 separate files using the save to pdf function in Windows 10. When I do this there is no automatic or suggested filename, the save as box is blank and I need to type in a name manually. Is there any way windows will give it the default name of the...
  7. Saving to PDF function on Windows 10

Saving to PDF function on Windows 10: I need to save over 400 separate files using the save to pdf function in Windows 10. When I do this there is no automatic or suggested filename, the save as box is blank and I need to type in a name manually. Is there any way windows will give it the default name of the...
  8. Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.

Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.: Hey guys, I'm new here but i'm also on the Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums too. Anyways, i got a new laptop and installed the Facebook app from the Windows Store and it asked me if i wanted to sync my Facebook profile picture and cover photo as the user photo and lock...
  9. Lock Screen wallpaper does not change

Lock Screen wallpaper does not change: I tried to change the wallpaper for the Lock screen so I went into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen and selected a picture but it does not change when I lock my laptop. I activated my Windows 10 software already. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks Lenovo...
  10. Lock screen function

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen function: When I right click my desktop and go to personalization then click "lock screen" nothing happens and it freezes on background. I have to close out then start over to use other functions. Can anybody help me ? Running Windows 10. 42056

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen function does not save changes

2. Lock screen changes not saved

3. Lock Screen changes are not saving