Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone noticed that on a reboot (from off or a restart) that Windows will occasionally change the Lock Screen Image from the one you have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sewing1243, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes

Has anyone noticed that on a reboot (from off or a restart) that Windows will occasionally change the Lock Screen Image from the one you have selected/uploaded? It appears this only happens after a software update (either Windows or other Apps) and the original image always is there on the next reboot (so far anyway).

Is this a glitch or intentional...and if intentional what is the purpose?

:)

sewing1243, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Woldringh Win User

Change Lock Screen Image Windows 10

I can't change Lock Screen Image on Windows 10 either and tried 3 different suggestions as described below.

My system: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.15

Funny thing that Microsoft did not respond with help that works.

method 1): select the
    Start
    button, then select Settings > Personalization >
    Lock screen <- does not work

It's not just that one specific picture will not show up as lock-screen, selecting an other standard Microsoft picture available does not work either.

Selecting a personal picture in a directory like c:\data\pics\xyz.png does not work either.

method 2): select specific picture in Explorer, the Photo App will display the picture. Go to ... (top right), select "Set as", select "Set as lock screen"

<- does not work

method 3):
    from the Internet: see below <- does not work

Steps to take if you cannot change lock screen picture on Windows 10:

Step 1:
    Turn on the Local Group Policy Editor

see:

5 Ways to Access Local Group Policy Editor on Windows 10

Step 2: Find and open the setting named "Prevent changing lock screen image".

For your information, it is located in Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Personalization.

Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes find-and-open-prevent-changing-lock-screen-image.png

Step 3: Do not configure this setting.

As the setting's window opens, choose Not Configured and tap
    OK

Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes choose-not-configured-and-tap-ok.png

<- does not work

Woldringh, Jul 24, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Can't Change Lock Screen Image on Windows 10

Hi Matheus,

It could be that a component in Windows might have been damaged, or that Windows is unable to locate the picture file that you are setting as the lock screen, etc. For us to properly assist you about changing the lock screen issue, kindly respond to the
    questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue? If yes, what are these changes?
    • Is the issue specific to one image or with every image?
    • Which version of Windows 10 is currently running on your device? To check, kindly go to Settings > System > About, see Version.
    • Aside from running SFC and updating your drivers, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes

Can't Change Lock Screen Image on Windows 10

is this bug happen bcause I run Systemcare and-or anti-virus app?

Achmad Abid An Najib, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Image

2. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  3. Can't change the screen lock image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the screen lock image: Hi. I wanted to change the lock screen images from the windows spotlight into a personalized images presentation.I tried to set the presentation settings and a folder that has in it various images but, when I lock the screen or after I start up the pc after I suspend it, it...
  4. Lock Screen glitching occasionally

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen glitching occasionally: My lock screen has been glitching a few times in the past month. Sometimes when i press a key to go to the login screen, the screen goes black and resturns back to the lock screen after a few seconds. After trying again a few times, I force restarted it and it started...
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Occasionally Changes: Has anyone noticed that on a reboot (from off or a restart) that Windows will occasionally change the Lock Screen Image from the one you have selected/uploaded? It appears this only happens after a software update (either Windows or other Apps) and the original image always...
  6. Changing My Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing My Lock Screen Image: Hello everyone! I'm trying to change my lock screen wallpaper but the image I want won't appear as an option. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-lock-screen-image/d5d7d8ab-c3a0-4942-b28f-d19f5f28f5dd
  7. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  8. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  9. Can't change lock screen image on windows 10

Can't change lock screen image on windows 10: I have a genuine and activated Windows 10, currently logged in. I have updated my AMD and Windows 10 to the latest version (today is Jan 30th, 2019). I can't change the lock screen image with my own image, the only one available is the default one that is located to the very...
  10. Can't Change Lock Screen Image

Can't Change Lock Screen Image: I am trying to change the image on my Lock Screen but when I click on a replacement image the spinner just keeps going round and nothing happens. All was working well the last time I changed the image but that was weeks ago. Any thoughts please? I have also discovered that I...