Windows 10: Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up

Discus and support Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I can't log in now. The lock screen appears, I swipe up, then enter my password. It says "Welcome"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Meloetta Rules, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up

So I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I can't log in now. The lock screen appears, I swipe up, then enter my password. It says "Welcome" but after the screen fades to black the lock screen comes back. Tried rebooting, but it's no use.

:)

Meloetta Rules, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 29, 2019
  3. simpves Win User
    Screen keeps locking up on windows 10

I *HAD* a problem with Windows 10 it looks like the lock screen keeps popping up regardless if I set the timeout to never or not on my power options or in the lock screen settings.

However, I have found a work around for the problem so I thought I would share with the Microsoft community as I know it will bring happiness and peace of mind to many users who wish to try.

I set the timeout for the screen for 10 minutes in power options and in settings and in lock screen settings. I also set a "blank" screen saver for 10 minutes.

I also carried out these steps which were recommended by a Microsoft customer support representative:

1. Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    2. Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Close the CMD window.

4. Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

simpves, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up

1. Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up - Similar Threads - lock screen keeps

2. Windows security screen keeps on popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security screen keeps on popping up?: The following windows security window keeps on popping up even when I sign in with my pin. I don't know if it is related to my downloading norton 360 anti viral a few wks ago. Here is a picture of the screen> It's very frustrating. How does one fix this problem??<Email ID has...
  3. Windows security screen keeps on popping up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security screen keeps on popping up?: The following windows security window keeps on popping up even when I sign in with my pin. I don't know if it is related to my downloading norton 360 anti viral a few wks ago. Here is a picture of the screen> It's very frustrating. How does one fix this problem??<Email ID has...
  4. 'Project screen' keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Project screen' keeps popping up: I'm not sure if my keys are stuck, but even without pressing on f4 or windows+p, the option to project my screen pops up on its own every few moments. This is a huge issues for me as I am a student and I keep getting kicked out of the lockdown browser whenever this happens...
  5. 'Project screen' keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Project screen' keeps popping up: I'm not sure if my keys are stuck, but even without pressing on f4 or windows+p, the option to project my screen pops up on its own every few moments. This is a huge issues for me as I am a student and I keep getting kicked out of the lockdown browser whenever this happens...
  6. A cmd screen keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    A cmd screen keeps popping up: There is a cmd screen which keeps popping up on my Windows 10 and on the title bar of the cmd screen is written C: \Users\Shaurya Garg\App data\Roaming\avutuut...
  7. Lock screen keeps popping up

Lock screen keeps popping up: I have tried many things to try to stop the lock screen from popping up constantly and have failed, I think it stated after the last windows 10 update. Please help....
  8. Start Screen keeps popping up

Start Screen keeps popping up: Hi, Hoping someone can help me. Have recently had a new screen installed by DELL on my Inspiron 13 and ever since the Windows START menu keeps popping up every few seconds. Dell have advised me that it is a Windows problem and not the new screen. Any suggestions as to how...
  9. Screen keeps locking up on windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen keeps locking up on windows 10: I *HAD* a problem with Windows 10 it looks like the lock screen keeps popping up regardless if I set the timeout to never or not on my power options or in the lock screen settings. However, I have found a work around for the problem so I thought I would share with the...
  10. On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up: I am trying to disable the on-screen keyboard, but it continually pops up, when I lock the computer and log back in, and when various windows are opened. It's disabled in the Ease of Access Center, and I don't know what else to do. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, I upgraded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock screen keeps popping up in windows 10

2. problems with popping up screens