Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. Recently I have just put together a Dell Optiplex 790 pc with a windows 10 hard drive. I put in all the parts, (GPU, Power supplies, etc.), and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Llamabro4, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Llamabro4 Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all

Hello. Recently I have just put together a Dell Optiplex 790 pc with a windows 10 hard drive. I put in all the parts, (GPU, Power supplies, etc.), and I have now booted up the pc to try to log in. When I get to the lock screen with the clock, I can not use my usb wireless mouse or my wired keyboard to scroll up to the login. Nothing happens at all. I have tried to restart the pc, diagnose it, etc, but nothing works. All it shows is a picture of a sandy shore and the time it is without letting me even see my mouse cursor. Thank you so much for anyone's responses, I am very tired, good night. Thanks

:)

Llamabro4, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all

Windows 10 lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly follow the steps below to show Weather on lock screen:

1. Right click on Desktop Screen and click Personalize.

2. Select Lock Screen and do the following:

• In Choose App to show detailed status, Add Weather App.
    3. Exit personalize.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all - Similar Threads - Lock Screen responding

2. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 All programs not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 All programs not responding: Hello, Any and all help is deeply appreciated. Hi, I've read other community queries regarding programs not starting and they may work except that even when I try to select an option for resolving the issue a message box pops up stating that the program is not responding....
  7. Windows 10 Lock screen not functioning at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock screen not functioning at all.: I've searched about 200 posts across the web with no joy. I have gone to the settings panel, chose personalisation, then Lock Screen. I changed the background to Slideshow in the dropdown. I selected a folder to use as the source that has about 200 pictures in and all...
  8. Lock Screen Stops Responding / Screens flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Stops Responding / Screens flashing: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, I'm having an issue where every time I lock the computer and the monitors go into sleep mode (the computer is NOT in sleep mode), the monitors will flicker, flash and change configuration wildly when I unlock the machine. Each time...
  9. Windows 10 lock screen not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 lock screen not responding: Hey everybody! First time here but these forums helped me more than once so I'm pretty sure it's the best place to ask! I've been running Windows 10 myself for a few days. My girlfriend for a few weeks/months. We noticed a small something that is not much but is getting...
  10. windows 10 no lock screen at all.

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 no lock screen at all.: Believe me I have scoured Google to solve this with no luck at all. I upgraded (free) from 7 to 10 a month ago and all is going well apart from the lock screen. Sometimes when I boot up I see the lock screen for the briefest moment before I get to the regular sign in screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not responding on lock screen

2. windows 10 lock screen not responsive

3. win 10 lock computer not responsding