Windows 10: Windows 10 lock screen not responding

Discus and support Windows 10 lock screen not responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everybody! First time here but these forums helped me more than once so I'm pretty sure it's the best place to ask! I've been running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zodiark12, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Zodiark12 Win User

Windows 10 lock screen not responding

Hey everybody!

First time here but these forums helped me more than once so I'm pretty sure it's the best place to ask!

I've been running Windows 10 myself for a few days. My girlfriend for a few weeks/months. We noticed a small something that is not much but is getting on the nerve after a while.

We lock our computer or put them to sleep and when trying to get from the lock screen to the login screen, nothing is happening. We wait a few moment and everything is fine. Here is a few cases just to give you an idea...

I'm at the lock screen. Click the mouse or hit a key. Nothing. Try a few times and I get to the login screen.
    Another case : From the lock screen, hit a key on the keyboard multiple time and nothing. Click the mouse once and it's ok.

Everything work fine after that and it's no big deal but whe having to do this game a few times each days it's start to get on the nerve. Sometimes it's fine and we get to the login screen right away.

In my case it's a brand new install and in the case of my girlfriend it's an upgrade from 8.1.

Anybody had this? Found something around it? We need to lock our computers multiple time a day so we can't just go around this by not locking our computers.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Zodiark12, Mar 2, 2016

2. Lock Screen not responding

Original Title: Lock screen

Hi ,

I upgrade my laptop from windows 8.1 to 10 by using media creation tool. Reason for using media creation tool was even after getting the notification windows 10 upgrade I was not able to do upgrade. The only problem I face now is my lock screen not responding.
    The there is no notification on lock screen and time format is in 24 hrs, were my laptop time format is 12 hrs. But if I lock my laptop the lock screen is responding and showing the notification and correct time format. If restart or logout the lock screen
    not responding.

pls help me

SABUJOY810, Mar 2, 2016
  3. gelund Win User
    Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Lock screen stopped responding to keyboard input following installation of Windows 10 November update. The lock screen responds to mouse click, but not keyboard input. I'm using a wired Microsoft Natural keyboard (KU-0045).

gelund, Mar 2, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Yes. It was happening early on with my machine, as when it recovered from sleep, I had to wait about 10 seconds after the lock screen came up to do anything as my hard disk takes a moment to reinitialize. Once I wait, it works fine. I bought a new HDD and don't have that issue now

lmaneke, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Zodiark12 Win User
    Thank you for your time.
    That would explain my girlfriend problem, but not mine since it's a brand new SSD.

Zodiark12, Mar 2, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    You're welcome.

Hope someone can help find a fix for you.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 lock screen not responding - Similar Threads - lock screen responding

2. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  3. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  4. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Lock Screen not responding at all: Hello. Recently I have just put together a Dell Optiplex 790 pc with a windows 10 hard drive. I put in all the parts, (GPU, Power supplies, etc.), and I have now booted up the pc to try to log in. When I get to the lock screen with the clock, I can not use my usb wireless...
  9. Screen does not respond after locking computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not respond after locking computer: After locking computer using Windows + L, the screen remains turned on for about 2 minutes and then goes black and does not respond to any key or mouse movement. I have to force restart it every time this happens. I have tried following with no avail - 1. Use powercfg...
  10. Lock Screen Stops Responding / Screens flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Stops Responding / Screens flashing: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, I'm having an issue where every time I lock the computer and the monitors go into sleep mode (the computer is NOT in sleep mode), the monitors will flicker, flash and change configuration wildly when I unlock the machine. Each time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 lock computer not responsding