Windows 10: Windows 10 lock screen randomly does not work, says "something went wrong on our end....

Discus and support Windows 10 lock screen randomly does not work, says "something went wrong on our end.... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a very frustrating issue. I have set up fingerprint scan, pin and a password as log-in options. I rarely shut down my laptop, usually... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cosmia1, Nov 4, 2019.

1. cosmia1 Win User

Windows 10 lock screen randomly does not work, says "something went wrong on our end....

Hi all,

I have a very frustrating issue. I have set up fingerprint scan, pin and a password as log-in options. I rarely shut down my laptop, usually closing it and sending it to sleep.

Without a perceived pattern, when I return to it, it will randomly return the error message "something went wrong on our end. please try again" when i try to unlock it with my fingerprint. Neither pins or password works either. The only way to log back in is by restarting the laptop, losing any unsaved files.

This is specific to this account, because I can log in normally into a backup account.

I noticed that usually the wifi is disconnected when this happens, but I don't know if it's related. What could be the cause?

Windows specs: 10 Home; version 1809; build 17763.805.

:)

cosmia1, Nov 4, 2019

2. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Nov 4, 2019
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 lock screen randomly does not work, says "something went wrong on our end....

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 lock screen randomly does not work, says "something went wrong on our end....

1. Windows 10 lock screen randomly does not work, says "something went wrong on our end.... - Similar Threads - lock screen randomly

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."I tried following the...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."I tried following the...
  4. "Something wrong on our end when logging in to windows"

"Something wrong on our end when logging in to windows": bought an laptop with windows 10 home, then i upgrade into windows 11, this past few weeks when i try to enter my pin or using fingerprint there is a message "something wrong on our end". this keep happen over and over.i don't know what the problem was, i think it's windows...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Not Working "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again...: Hello! My Windows Hello Fingerprint has been working fine for the past few years I've had my Windows device, but it suddenly stopped working over 2 weeks ago. Whenever I try to use it, the system shows me "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later." Not sure if...
  6. Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometric Login - "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again": After installing the updates for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems, this message "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again" appears every time I try to login using fingerprint on my Huawei Matebook 13. Have since tried checking the updates for biometric...
  7. Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it".

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it".: I am a troubleshooter for a few elderly. I usually take over their system through Quick Assist and do any maintenance it need. Yesterday I received a frantic call that one of them couldn't get on his email account. I immediately ask him to start Quick Assist, which was...
  8. "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Something went wrong on our end. Please try again." version 2004: After upgrading to version 2004, and restarting this message comes up on the first screen with the background. It is a flashing message, and continues in a smaller version when I hit enter to put in my passcode. Then runs fine as far as I can tell. Jpg and 1 second mp4 in...
  9. Please try again, something went wrong on our end

Please try again, something went wrong on our end: So I bought Minecraft Dungeons the day it came out and tried to install it to no avail. I keep getting the same error message. At first it would actually try to install but then just stop half way and not let me continue it. It's only a couple GB but it would sit there...
  10. Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message

Windows DVD Player "something went wrong at our end' message: Hi, I have been trying to watch DVDs on my laptop, which we have had for several years. Recently, when I insert a DVD, a message comes up saying that 'Something went wrong at our end.' How do I overcome this, in order to watch DVDs? Many thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong on our end hello