Windows 10: windows 10 lock screen showing two identical accounts.

Discus and support windows 10 lock screen showing two identical accounts. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I am facing this issue with my windows 10 where I am seeing two identical accounts on my lock screen. the accounts have the same name and same... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by inaemmanual, Mar 27, 2021.

1. windows 10 lock screen showing two identical accounts.

Hi

I am facing this issue with my windows 10 where I am seeing two identical accounts on my lock screen. the accounts have the same name and same password and it is not really a problem for me in any manner, but I want to remove it.

User accounts for \\LAPTOP-KH20S8DN

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator DefaultAccount Guest

hp WDAGUtilityAccount

The command completed successfully.

This is some information that I got after used the command :
    %UserProfile%\Desktop\Accounts.txt

I don't even know which account I had originally. Please help me with an end-to-end solution for the problem.

:)

inaemmanual, Mar 27, 2021

2. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative windows 10 lock screen showing two identical accounts. :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Business - how to show all accounts on lock screen

We are using Windows 10 Business (Pro) and have computers that have multiple people using from day to day. They are all set up in the accounts as Work users.

On the Lock screen, only the currently logged-in, or most recently logged-in user is listed, otherwise you have to chose other account and type in your email address to log in.

How can you get the lock screen to always show you a list of all available accounts for this computer?

Thanks

Jamie Apfelbeck, Mar 27, 2021
  4. windows 10 lock screen showing two identical accounts.

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 lock screen showing two identical accounts.

1. windows 10 lock screen showing two identical accounts. - Similar Threads - lock screen showing

2. Windows 10 lock screen slide show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 lock screen slide show: My failing memory tells me I used to be able to set up a lockscreen slideshow and only see some of the built-in Windows background/wallpaper pics. Now it seems my only choice for a slideshow are folders with my own personal pics. Is that the way it works now? I have Windows...
  3. Windows 10 lock screen slide show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen slide show: My failing memory tells me I used to be able to set up a lockscreen slideshow and only see some of the built-in Windows background/wallpaper pics. Now it seems my only choice for a slideshow are folders with my own personal pics. Is that the way it works now? I have Windows...
  4. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen: Hello, can you help me to solve this problemI'm changing log in method on lock screen to microsoft account login, after restarting when i want to sign in, the letter doesn't show up, i used on-screen keyboard and the letter still doesn't showing. But when i try to connect the...
  5. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen: Hello, can you help me to solve this problemI'm changing log in method on lock screen to microsoft account login, after restarting when i want to sign in, the letter doesn't show up, i used on-screen keyboard and the letter still doesn't showing. But when i try to connect the...
  6. Letter not showing on microsoft account at the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Account picture not showing on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  8. Account picture not showing on lock screen

Account picture not showing on lock screen: Account picture not showing on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-not-showing-on-lock-screen/74860205-44df-4cc3-b29e-4c2a8456202d
  9. Lock Screen Login In Shows Two Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Login In Shows Two Accounts: On start up or restart: Lock screen shows User Name and says Unable to connect to network with OK below it. Click OK shows two User Avatars with same User Name. One sends me to PIN and a normal log in. Second shows an abbreviated user name gthom and asks for password....
  10. Two identical user names on logon screen - why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two identical user names on logon screen - why?: Noticed that I am not the only one facing this issue after a fresh install. One way or the other it will be solved, but I wonder why it is showing up in the first place? Somewhere along the setup there is a screen that says: "Who's going to use this PC? - What name do you...