Windows 10: Windows 10 lock screen slideshow is not working on the new notebook.

Discus and support Windows 10 lock screen slideshow is not working on the new notebook. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My 30 years of experience in computers (software development, hardware assembly & maintenance) and three successive nights of fiddling with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Serdar Aytamaner, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 lock screen slideshow is not working on the new notebook.

Hello,

My 30 years of experience in computers (software development, hardware assembly & maintenance) and three successive nights of fiddling with all the relevant settings were not enough to enable the lock screen slideshow feature, and I just can't give up.

Slideshow never starts, and when I opened the lock screen section in Settings app, it keeps telling me "You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow". There *are* more than one picture in the selected folder. The folder is located in the Pictures folder. Users folder is already included in the index so the folder containing the images is already indexed. I have turned off and on indexing and left it working overnight but nothing was changed.

I have used this feature previously on a lot of computers without any glitch.

Please take a look at the attached image showing all the relevant settings and tell me what more can be needed to run a simple feature like this.

Regards,

Serdar Aytamaner

:)

Serdar Aytamaner, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Aspect ratios of images in the Windows 10 lock screen slideshow

Hello Boris,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Family.

We understand your concern with Lock screen picture. We will assist you with this issue.

Let's try to isolate the issue by only keeping panorama pictures as your Lock screen Slide show pictures.

Further you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + I key.

• Click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock
      screen.

• Under Background dropdown, select
      slideshow.

• Click on Advanced slideshow settings.

• Turn off “Only use picture that fit my screen

Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us back. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Chinga Win User

Windows 10 lock screen slideshow is not working on the new notebook.

Windows 10 Lock Screen Slideshow Not Working

Hi All,

I find this all very intriguing. I have two systems side by side. One is a desktop with insider Windows 10 Pro Build 14905, on which the Screen Lock Slideshow works perfectly. Not was done other than turning it on and specifying a folder. The folder is
    in the Pictures Library and has numerous sub-folders to two level below Pictures. The other system is a Notebook running the "Anniversary" version of Pro with all the latest updates, (both are 64 bit). The Notebook system will not run the Lock Screen Slideshow
    no matter what I try, that includes all of the above so called fixes. The only difference between my systems is that one is AMD based (desktop) and the other is Intel.

In case you are thinking, ah! AMD v Intel, no, I have another Desktop PC with real win 10 x64 on which the Lock Screen Slideshow also doesn't work.

Perhaps there is an undocumented fix in the later insider releases?

Perhaps someone else can figure this out, certainly I can't, and I suspect Microsoft can't either, or, perhaps they don't care!

I think the situation is that Windows 10 has become such a miss-mash of new and old subsystems trying to do the same thing that it (Windows 10) and they (Microsoft) don't know if their coming or going. . . . .

Cheers and good luck,

Clark

Chinga, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 lock screen slideshow is not working on the new notebook.

1. Windows 10 lock screen slideshow is not working on the new notebook. - Similar Threads - lock screen slideshow

2. Lock Screen Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I am trying to use the 'Slideshow' mode in 'Lock Screen' settings but the slide show only appears when my laptop goes to the lock screen automatically. If I press any button to go to the 'sign-in' menu or restart my laptop or press Windows + L, the 'Picture' mode appears...
  3. Locks Screen slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  4. Locks Screen slideshow not working

Locks Screen slideshow not working: As title says, locks screen is STILL BROKEN after 3 YEARS or more. I've fixed it after last reinstall somehow. After installing Win11 i was kind of hopeful that this would actually get fixed LOL XD. How do i fix this?What i've tried:Picture folder is working, desktop...
  5. slideshow on lock screen not working

slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  6. slideshow on lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slideshow on lock screen not working: I have set up a slideshow on the lock screen on windows 11 and assigned a folder of photos to it but when I go to the lock screen to check if it is working or not. The slideshow is not working and the photo which shows on the screen is from the picture option on the lock...
  7. Windows 10 lock screen slideshow not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock screen slideshow not working: I had a single picture as my lock screen prior and decided I wanted a slideshow instead with several different phots and no matter what folder I choose I still have the single photo from before on my lock screen. Am I doing something wrong?...
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen Slideshow not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Slideshow not working!: Follow from header. How to solve it? My PC Brand : Lenovo Thinkpad X250 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Version : 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-lock-screen-slideshow-not-working/c623eab2-6cb7-479d-9fe0-2bfe48759217
  9. Lock Screen slideshow not working

Lock Screen slideshow not working: I have seen this question asked many times over the 4 years since Windows 10 came out. Those questions are now locked so I'm asking again - I have tried many different "solutions" to this problem and the best I have managed is a manual workaround. When the laptop is left,...
  10. Windows 10 Lock Screen Slideshow not working

Windows 10 Lock Screen Slideshow not working: I've seen this question posted many times. When I go to Settings-Personalization-Lock screen and select Slideshow the "Choose albums for your slideshow": 'Pictures', 'Add a folder', and "Advanced slideshow settings" are all grayed out. I have Disabled all 3 Group Policies...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen lock slideshow not working

2. windows 10 lock screen slideshow not working