Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen, Time format AM / PM

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen, Time format AM / PM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I understand correctly, in Windows 8 was it is impossible to display the AM / PM symbols in the lock screen for a 12 hour clock format. Is this the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andytl755, Feb 12, 2018.

1. andytl755 Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen, Time format AM / PM

If I understand correctly, in Windows 8 was it is impossible to display the AM / PM symbols in the lock screen for a 12 hour clock format. Is this the same for Windows 10? Numerous attempts on my part, including PowerShell scripts, Copy Regional Settings, etc. have made no difference. It displays the clock in 12 hour format, but will not display the AM / PM symbols. I understand you can add h:mm tt tt to force it to display the symbols, but then of course in the task bar you get 2:38 PM PM. Perhaps it is just impossible. Please help.

:)

andytl755, Feb 12, 2018
  2. MaureD Win User

Default Lock Screen date and time format setting

Original Title: Default Lock Screen

When I had Windows 8.1, the default Lock screen (NOT the user lock screen) had the correct 24 hour time. After the upgrade to Windows 10, the lock screen now shows 12 hour time without the am or pm. The user lock screen is correct.

How do I get the time to display as 24 hour again?

Thanks

MaureD, Feb 12, 2018
  3. How to Change or Customize Day Name, Date and Time Format on Windows 10 Lock Screen only as otherwise it shows time format in 12 hours .

Thank you for your help. However, when I log on the lock screen time shows the 24 hr. format. But if I immediately go to the Preview screen, the time shows the correct 12 hr. format. I sat down at the computer just now and the time was 6:04 PM EST.
    The Lock screen showed 18:04. I immediately went to the Preview screen and the correct time of 6:04 PM was shown. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

GeraldSlotkin, Feb 12, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

The Windows Store offers a raft of UWP clock apps, the majority of which display as tiles on the start menu. Surely at least one of them shows AM/PM with 12-hours time. Also, there's TClock Light and others, which replace the notification bar clock with other, better options. See this Gizmo's Freeware story "Best Free Tray Clock Replacement" for lots of other options.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

@Dalchina : Haven't I seen you write about TClock before? Do you know if it can do what the OP is looking for? If not, do you know of another notification bar clock replacement that can? TIA for your input. @Edwin : as the reigning Win10 uebertweaker, do you know of something that the OP might be able to use?

EdTittel, Feb 12, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    I have not found a way to display the AM/PM symbols on the lock screen without having double entries on the Taskbar.

I guess you could use some Alt Code as an alternative:
    (bright smiley = day, dark smiley = night) *Wink

Windows 10 Lock Screen, Time format AM / PM [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen, Time format AM / PM - Similar Threads - Lock Screen format

2. AM/PM is missing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AM/PM is missing windows 11: the AM/PM formst time is missing my laptop please help me!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ampm-is-missing-windows-11/4068d664-2b94-490a-b994-0b46ae68cddf
  3. AM/PM is missing windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AM/PM is missing windows 11: the AM/PM formst time is missing my laptop please help me!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ampm-is-missing-windows-11/4068d664-2b94-490a-b994-0b46ae68cddf
  4. windows 10 AM and PM swapped

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 AM and PM swapped: I have a windows 10 workstation, joined to the domain, that has AM and PM swapped some how. for example at 10 AM the system clock shows 10 PM. the time zones are correct and the system is set to get it's time from the DC. when querying the DC it shows the DC's time is swapped...
  5. Lockscreen time doesn't show AM or PM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen time doesn't show AM or PM: Windows 10 version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804. Lockscreen time doesn't show AM or PM. I know that I can go to Control Panel Clock & Region Region Additional Settings Time and change the format for Short Time or Long Time. Currently I have Short Time h:mm tt If I change this...
  6. Lock screen clock format

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen clock format: Hello, As we all know the lock screen clock is in 24 Hrs format. How can I change it to 12 Hrs? I am using windows 10 Home edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-clock-format/e89a5951-2208-4216-8e95-8a5c829372bf
  7. can't show AM and PM setting in time setting this problem in windows 10

can't show AM and PM setting in time setting this problem in windows 10: [ATTACH] how can fix this please help i can't set AM or PM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-show-am-and-pm-setting-in-time-setting-this/6c58976e-e873-4dc7-b992-2143236d3589
  8. Date format in lock screen

Date format in lock screen: Hi, I'm a new user posting here, but I've been using 7formus for a lot of time. The guides are just amazing. I installed Windows 10 yesterday and used a lot of registry hacks already. I'm having a little problem with the new lock screen, and maybe you guys can figure it...
  9. AM/PM For The Time At The Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    AM/PM For The Time At The Lock Screen: Hello, I like seeing AM/PM on any time value. I already know if it's AM or PM, but it looks more Proper to see the AM or the PM with whatever time it is. What Registry modification/Program can help me achieve this? Thanks 59737
  10. Time format incorrect on lock screen after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Time format incorrect on lock screen after restart: I sign in with my MS account (administrator) and after signing in and using win+l the time format is correct hh:mm (24hr) but after each restart the time format reverts to h:m (12hr). This after successfully upgrading from 8.1 pro 64bit to 10. What am I missing? Thanks 18501

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock screen time format am pm

2. windows 10 lockscreen time am pm

3. windows lock screen am pm