Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; DonatL asked this question but it was locked without a sufficient answer he asked: "A week ago I carried out a Windows 10 fresh installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phil_MIS_Consulting, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock

DonatL asked this question but it was locked without a sufficient answer he asked:

"A week ago I carried out a Windows 10 fresh installed and specified the wrong time offset/zone. I corrected it while logged as an administrator with Set date and time. The clock is auto synch with internet time using time.nist.gov. I noticed that the Lock screen and/or Logon screen displays the wrong time by 1 hour slow, which correspond to the time initially set in error. Note that once logged in, the displayed time is correct?!

I checked that both time and time zone are set automatically, the Bios time is correct, that the windows time service is in started status and started automatically.

How can I correct this persistent time setup offset in the logon screen?

Is it a time that is used by the system internally? If so it might explain Internet web issues relying on precise time for validation (e.g.ssl).

Thank you for your help,

Donat "

I was also having this issue, at first I thought it was an issue with windows server 2016 DC having a bad group policy set. I decided to check the time zone so i went to settings and it was set to Eastern time with daylight savings box checked. After that I went in to control panel and looked at Date Time settings and under timezone there was a message "timezone unrecognized" or something to that effect so i clicked button to set timezone and eastern time was default selected i hit apply and opened lock screen and the time was now fixed. my guess is the settings is not communicating with the control panel and/or the lock screen is using control panel date time not settings date time

:)

Phil_MIS_Consulting, Aug 7, 2019
  2. DonatL Win User

Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock

A week ago I carried out a Windows 10 fresh installed and specified the wrong time offset/zone. I corrected it while logged as an administrator with Set date and time. The clock is auto synch with internet time using time.nist.gov. I noticed that the
    Lock screen and/or Logon screen displays the wrong time by 1 hour slow, which correspond to the time initially set in error. Note that once logged in, the displayed time is correct?!

I checked that both time and time zone are set automatically, the Bios time is correct, that the windows time service is in started status and started automatically.

How can I correct this persistent time setup offset in the logon screen?

Is it a time that is used by the system internally? If so it might explain Internet web issues relying on precise time for validation (e.g.ssl).

Thank you for your help,

Donat

DonatL, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User

Hi DonatL,

I can suggest a few troubleshooting step and hopefully one of these would help you fix the issue with the lock screen time. My first suggestion is to
    Restart Windows Time service. Restart your PC after you have restarted the Windows Time service.

Another step that you can try is SFC Scan. This will repair any possible
    corrupted system files on your PC, that may have been the cause for the issue.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Mark Isi, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock

clock on the lock screen

I use a 24 hour clock.

In my task bar, the time is displayed in 24 hour clock mode.

But in the lock screen, it is displayed in 12 hour mode.

How do I change the lock screen time to be displayed in 24 hour clock mode?

sabrinamerrick, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Lock screen time is 1 hour off (behind) system clock - Similar Threads - Lock screen hour

2. Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted: Hi Everyone.As mentioned in the title the clock of my Win10 machine is always 1 hour behind when I restart the computer, this is happening since I installed a tri-boot in my laptop, I am running Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio alongside Win10.I have already tried:Changing the server...
  3. Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted: Hi Everyone.As mentioned in the title the clock of my Win10 machine is always 1 hour behind when I restart the computer, this is happening since I installed a tri-boot in my laptop, I am running Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio alongside Win10.I have already tried:Changing the server...
  4. Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. system clock is behind

in Windows 10 Support
    system clock is behind: Hello friends! I have a computer where the system clock is like 5-10 min behind. My computer has no issue, and is the same Window disc that is used to installed but with diffrent KEY! What can cause this? WIN VERSION: 20H2 Build: 19042.746 173982
  6. Time on lock screen is one hour behind

Time on lock screen is one hour behind: Hello, I'm trying to fix an issue on one of the company's computer running Windows 10 1803. When the user locks his PC the time on lock screen is behind one hour and I can't find a way to fix it. I've already tried sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth,...
  7. Clock is off by 1 hour???

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock is off by 1 hour???: Hi My wife noticed today when I was logging in that my clock on my log in page was shout 2:15PM when in fact it was 1:15PM. I merely thought that when I returned form Japan recently that I must have accidentally selected the wrong time zone but when I checked the time zone...
  8. The clock on my computer is exactly 1 hour behind official time

The clock on my computer is exactly 1 hour behind official time: This seems to have happened after I changed my cpu and ram, but that couldn't be the cause, could it? It's currently 8:54 AM and it's showing as 7:54 AM on my computer. I never changed any settings (the time zone is still set to pacific time, which is correct) Is there any...
  9. Why is my system clock behind by an hour?

Why is my system clock behind by an hour?: I've checked settings and the time zone was already set correctly (Pacific) but for some reason the clock is still behind by an hour. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-system-clock-behind-by-an-hour/d6377687-fc09-4e1c-bc4e-ecf5c9316c84
  10. My time is 1 hour behind ever since the time went 1 hour ahead. (Windows 10)

My time is 1 hour behind ever since the time went 1 hour ahead. (Windows 10): When the time went an hour ahead my laptop decided to not go with that time and stay on the normal time, and is not wanting to switch back, the timezones and everything are as they are supposed to be (UTC +01:00) Amsterdam. On another forumpost they said you needed to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows lock screen time 1 hour off