Windows 10: Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.

Discus and support Windows 10 lock screen timeing out. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good day I have a strange problem and have never come across this problem, when os boots up and just before you have to sign in the lock screen is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Stuy21, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Stuy21 Win User

Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.

Good day

I have a strange problem and have never come across this problem, when os boots up and just before you have to sign in the lock screen is displayed. Now you have to click or press any key to have this screen move upwards and away...where my problem comes in si that the screen goes away and then just like that the lock screen is back where we started at.

Has anybody experienced this before?

How can i fix this?

I have tried SFC Scan, Check disks with an ERD Disk and from another windows 7 and 10 machine, Safe mode is not an option because it just flashes and refreshes the screen every second so no response for any input. System restore also does not pick up the operating system so no points.

No malware or viruses on the drive...i am running out of ideas, please help?

:)

Stuy21, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Dec 2, 2019
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 lock screen timeing out. - Similar Threads - lock screen timeing

2. Windows 10 - setting time to lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - setting time to lock screen: I have done a ton of searching, but I'm not able to find a way to cause my computer to lock after a certain amount of time. I tried this link:...
  3. Windows 10 - setting time to lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - setting time to lock screen: I have done a ton of searching, but I'm not able to find a way to cause my computer to lock after a certain amount of time. I tried this link:...
  4. Windows 10 - setting time to lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Parental Screen Time Lock

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Parental Screen Time Lock: My nephew has used my laptop for school and my brother-in-law has setup a time limit access for him to have a set amount of screen time. I just discovered this today where I am unable to use my laptop as it is now recognized as a child laptop in the Microsoft family center....
  6. Locked out of laptop by MS Family screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of laptop by MS Family screen time: My son's laptop is completely blocked from use by rogue Microsoft Family screen time settings. We can get to the login screen and log in, but are immediately presented with a "Times Up" dialog box that says "This device is locked because of your family settings for screen...
  7. Windows 10 Hello Screen - Locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Hello Screen - Locked out: I am trying to login to my computer and the hello screen wont let me in. I used to be able to login either using my face or my pin. Now when it scans my face it prompts me to enter my pin, which i did, but then it tells me the password is incorrect. So i follow the forgot my...
  8. locked out screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locked out screen: my walking book 2in1pc/tab has a screen showing enter password but every password I try it respond invalid password. what can I do to unlock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-screen/0a4c2e04-4d24-4051-bd74-194de32dfca9
  9. Lock screen time-out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen time-out: Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in...
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out: Hello, I used to use a reg file for Windows 8.1 to customize the time until the screen turns off during the Lock Screen Time Out. I want to know if that command still applies for Windows 10. The reg file command is:...