Windows 10: Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off

Discus and support Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just upgraded from a surface pro 4 to a surface book 2. However one issue that I've never faced on the surface pro that I'm facing on the surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by emsygeez, Jun 4, 2019.

1. emsygeez Win User

Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off

I just upgraded from a surface pro 4 to a surface book 2. However one issue that I've never faced on the surface pro that I'm facing on the surface book is that the lock screen won't turn off (time out). Whenever I locked my screen on the surface pro, the display would turn off after a short time of inactivity. However when I lock my surface book, it will keep on showing the lock screen unless I press the power button. I left it on for the night and the lock screen was still on display in the morning. Some things I've already tried:

- disabling USB selective suspend in power options

- setting console lock display off timeout to 1 minute in power options

- running powercfg \lastwake and powercfg -requests, none show any issues

- going to device manager and disabling "allow device to wake the computer" on all USB devices

- disabling microsoft edge from running in background

- making sure all USB devices are plugged out of computer

- making sure I'm running the latest windows update

Thanks

:)

emsygeez, Jun 4, 2019

2. My caps lock won t turn off

I'm typing a letter in word, it was fine then started using all caps it won t turn them the usual way

SallyGardner47, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jun 4, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

My caps lock won t turn off

Hi Sally,

For us to isolate the issue about being unable to turn off Caps lock, kindly respond to the questions below:

• If you press the Caps Lock button on your keyboard, does it turn off the Caps Lock?
    • You mentioned that you are using Word, may we know if the issue is within Word only or the issue persists in using another typing application (i.e. Notepad)?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off - Similar Threads - lock screen won't

2. All lock indicators won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All lock indicators won't turn off: About a month ago whenever I would press any of the Lock indicators on my keyboard Num lock, Caps lock and Scroll lock a small message in a white box would appear in the bottom right of my screen: It looks completely outdated for Windows 10 and I have no idea where it came...
  3. All lock indicators won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All lock indicators won't turn off: About a month ago whenever I would press any of the Lock indicators on my keyboard Num lock, Caps lock and Scroll lock a small message in a white box would appear in the bottom right of my screen: It looks completely outdated for Windows 10 and I have no idea where it came...
  4. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off: My laptop HP Pavilion is approaching two years old and issues about it going to sleep/waking itself up again have always dogged it. I always eventually find a solution to solve a particular problem, but then a few weeks later it starts going wrong again. A few days ago I...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off: I just recently do clean install Windows 10 1809 on Dell optiplex 7020. And I have the problem that the screen won't turn off completely in the specific time. Screen will wake up almost immediately after it turned off So can I have any suggestion to troubleshooting this...
  9. Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Screen Rotation Lock in Windows 10 A tablet and some hybrid laptop devices are designed to rotate the display automatically in a portrait or landscape orientation as you turn it so that what...
  10. Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when...