Windows 10: Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update.

Discus and support Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I search the internet this is a common problem. Why would an "update" wipe out my Microsoft Office? And why was there no disclosure to give... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Daries Mc, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Daries Mc Win User

Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update.

When I search the internet this is a common problem. Why would an "update" wipe out my Microsoft Office? And why was there no disclosure to give consumers the option to opt out of the update? This seems to be theft by deception. You are forcing consumers to buy a product that was has already been purchased by wiping their computer without permission. I did not authorize Microsoft to remove my existing Microsoft Office.

:)

Daries Mc, Apr 21, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2023
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. :(

Zakin, Apr 21, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

Locked out of Win 10 account

Steve,

All you need is a Windows 10 installation USB in order to use the procedure given in post #2.

If you do not have one of them then you will need to take your computer to somebody who does.

The procedure does not entail any use of the MSAccount reset / old mobile number / email reset.

Denis

Thema:

1. Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. - Similar Threads - locked account update

2. Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update.: When I search the internet this is a common problem. Why would an "update" wipe out my Microsoft Office? And why was there no disclosure to give consumers the option to opt out of the update? This seems to be theft by deception. You are forcing consumers to buy a product that...
  3. Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update.: When I search the internet this is a common problem. Why would an "update" wipe out my Microsoft Office? And why was there no disclosure to give consumers the option to opt out of the update? This seems to be theft by deception. You are forcing consumers to buy a product that...
  4. Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. Need help urgently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. Need help urgently.: I updated my PC today and upon the restart after the update, it said that my PIN was no longer available. It only gave me the alternative option of entering my username and password, which I did, however, it continuously said that the information was incorrect. Since this...
  5. Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. Need help urgently.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. Need help urgently.: I updated my PC today and upon the restart after the update, it said that my PIN was no longer available. It only gave me the alternative option of entering my username and password, which I did, however, it continuously said that the information was incorrect. Since this...
  6. Windows 10 locked me out of my account after an update. Need help urgently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bitlocker locked me out after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker locked me out after Windows update: Hello,I have been locked out of my computer after a Windows update, the message is asking me for my Bitlocker recovery key. I purchased this computer and no one else has ever touched it. I never had a Bitlocker recovery key. The version I have is a home edition and a lot of...
  8. Locked out of Windows 10 after update

Locked out of Windows 10 after update: I installed an update to Windows 10 on my PC last night. Now it's asking for a Microsoft password. I went to Microsoft.com and created one, but it is not accepting it, so I don't have access to my PC....
  9. Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out

Windows 10 Update Locked Me Out: In the process of moving 5files from drivers c to e, MS began an update in the middle of the 3rd file transfer. The transfer froze and later dropped through to a blue screen with only part of my desktop and my files were unavailable. I can no longer log into my computer...
  10. Today's Windows 10 update locked me out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Today's Windows 10 update locked me out: I chose to restart when windows 10 asked me to install today's update, Now it has a page asking if I want to rollback or reset my laptop. No system restore and it can't fix start up. I did get to the log on screen but it's asking for a password and I didn't have one. Can't...