Windows 10: Windows 10 locking again of a sudden

Discus and support Windows 10 locking again of a sudden in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, sorry to bring up again what was once a common problem, but of a sudden Win 10 Pro 1909 all updates current has started locking again. The cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by b4ab, Apr 22, 2020.

1. b4ab Win User

Windows 10 locking again of a sudden

Hi, sorry to bring up again what was once a common problem, but of a sudden Win 10 Pro 1909 all updates current has started locking again. The cursor freezes, no keys work, I can't access the Task Manager to sign out but must reboot by closing down by holding the start button. The freezing occurs so commonly that using my computer is useless.

I've deleted the only recent program I loaded; I reloaded the graphics driver with the latest suggestion from AMD....an update that fixed this problem a year or two ago; during one freeze, while listening to music, I noticed a buzz on the speakers so I updated the audio driver as well, based on recommendations from Dell; I updated all the drivers suggested by a Dell support program that scans drivers currently loaded.

The driver updates helped a little, but the freezing still continued. So I used msconfig to get a clean boot; I followed the instructions and disabled all the programs on the startup menu. This has helped a lot, but I have experienced two freezes over several hours of computer usage. I was even able to update Adobe Creative Suite with no problem.

I'm using a Dell XPS 8700 with an i7 processor and 24gb of RAM. The OS is Win 10 pro 1909, updated.

I have two questions:

1. Have you experienced an increase in freeze problems with any recent updates?

2. What other troubleshooting should I pursue after using msconfig? The computer is still working well in clean boot, but it bothers me there were two random freezes over a few hours of use.

Thanks for your time, expertise, and patience !!

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 locking again of a sudden

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 locking again of a sudden

1. Windows 10 locking again of a sudden - Similar Threads - locking again sudden

2. [Windows 10] Screen suddenly locked by unknown software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows 10] Screen suddenly locked by unknown software: Scenario:I was trying to move a software icon in start menu I don't think this caused the problemSuddenly the screen is locked into how the picture shows.I tried with my Windows password & pin, they don't work for unlocking.I can call up Task Manager, I killed all the...
  3. [Windows 10] Screen suddenly locked by unknown software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] Screen suddenly locked by unknown software: Scenario:I was trying to move a software icon in start menu I don't think this caused the problemSuddenly the screen is locked into how the picture shows.I tried with my Windows password & pin, they don't work for unlocking.I can call up Task Manager, I killed all the...
  4. Documents suddenly locked and cannot be accessed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents suddenly locked and cannot be accessed - Windows 10: Several documents in my documents folder .docx and .pdf were locked without any action or warning. I was able to access these files before they randomly became locked, even when logged in as an administrator. I have tried accessing these files from methods in forums and...
  5. Sudden font change in Windows Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden font change in Windows Again: Regularly, I find that the font size has changed on my Surface 6 W11 machine.I can't put it down to anything.I'm fully updated and did not change the text size myself.I often use the Surface as a tablet, removing the keyboard. I often use Zoom Changing from Gallery mode to...
  6. Sudden font change in Windows Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden font change in Windows Again: Regularly, I find that the font size has changed on my Surface 6 W11 machine.I can't put it down to anything.I'm fully updated and did not change the text size myself.I often use the Surface as a tablet, removing the keyboard. I often use Zoom Changing from Gallery mode to...
  7. Suddenly need to activate windows 10 again.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suddenly need to activate windows 10 again.: Hi, I had to force shut down my computer a few days ago and then a watermark appeared in the bottom right saying I needed to activate windows. I updated to the most recent update that became available 5/18/21 and the watermark disappeared, but when I go to Activation in the...
  8. Again, Windows 10 Lock Screen Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Again, Windows 10 Lock Screen Password: My PW is the same for Lock Screen and MS account. I want them to be different. I know they're stupidly designed to be the same. If I go to my account in Settings and click on "Sign in with a local account instead," what happens exactly? I used to have a Local Account and...
  9. Locked out again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out again: I have reset my password last night October 25/2019 and all my profile information was intact and visible and now today October 26/2019 I am locked out again. What is the problem with this system as when a person is following all the polices that pertain this account and...
  10. Windows 10 computer suddenly requiring password again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 computer suddenly requiring password again: I have a Windows 10 computer, which I have had for a while now. I had shut off the requirement for a password when turning it on. This has been fine for over a year. Never needing to enter a password. However, for the past 2 days, I have needed to enter the password. I...