Windows 10: Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games

Discus and support Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, When i was playing games in my laptop after few minutes the laptop suddenly starts 'locking' with blue background window and it also says... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AjithKumar_96, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games

Hi,

When i was playing games in my laptop after few minutes the laptop suddenly starts 'locking' with blue background window and it also says hibernating, and then goes to blank. I have to switch off the laptop then on to restart. This is happening only while plugged in the charger. Many says it might be the bad battery issue but i dont think it is because i bought this laptop few days back only 15 days

My Laptop details:

HP Pavillion

Windows 10 1909

RAM 8GB

Graphic card 1650 GTX

1TB HDD

Ryzen 5 3500H

Please Help me solve this issue

:)

AjithKumar_96, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get the Taskbar while playing games in Full screen mode. Ideally, some games allow you to hide the Taskbar while playing games and some will show the Taskbar by default. We would like to know, if this issue occurs with all the
    games or only with one particular game.

If you are facing this issue with one particular game, then there must be some in game setting that you might have to change. If you are facing this issue with all the games, then you can try one workaround and see if that helps.

The workaround is to close Windows Explorer process while you are playing game. This will allow you to play the game uninterruptedly. However, when you End the Windows Explorer process, all the windows that are running in the background will be closed,
    which allow you to play the game without any interruption of the Taskbar. When you want all the windows back, you can restart the Windows Explorer process.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key while playing game, this will open
      Task Manager.
    2. Look for Windows Explorer process, right click on it and select
      End Task.
    3. When you want the windows back, open Task Manager by following
      Step 1, and click on File.
    4. Click on Run new task, type
      explorer.exe
      and click on OK. Windows Explorer will be restarted and you will have all the windows back again.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games

No in-game sound while playing on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to in game sounds not audible while playing games on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. What is the source of installation of the games?
    4. Which games are you trying to play?
    5. What is the make and model of the PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games

1. Windows 10 Locking/Hibernating Automatically While playing games - Similar Threads - Locking Hibernating Automatically

2. windows 10 locks up automatically while playing games

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 locks up automatically while playing games: hello, When i was playing games on my laptop after few minutes the laptop suddenly starts 'locking' with blue background window, then i would have to turn the laptop on, this issue started happening after i did a reset for windows 10 pro, this happens only while my laptop is...
  3. Laptop Locking automatically while playing games.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Locking automatically while playing games.: My laptop seems to be locking automatically while playing graphically demanding games like Red dead redemption 2. I tried updating everything , but even after updating the problem persists. My system details:Dell G3 15 35008gb RAM512 GB...
  4. locking problem of my laptop while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    locking problem of my laptop while playing games.: Hi, i'm using dell G5 15 5500 .My laptop is getting locked and hybernated while playing games .What can i do for solving this issue. I have 8 gb ram nvidia graphics...
  5. my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...

my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while...: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop. it goes to sleep and hibernate whenever I'm playing games. the screen goes blue and says "locking" randomly. i search in community and mostly said it is battery issue or BIOS issue. I already did all the solved solution but it didn't...
  6. Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is restarting automatically while playing AAA games: I have intel 9Geni5 processor, 16GB DDR 4 RAM, NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card and PSU of 550, I am facing issue for some time. My system is getting auto restart when I am playing hight end games like FAR CRY NEW DAWN, Quantum Break, and its restart automatically without...
  7. Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games: Bought GEars 4 started to play. Everything suits, but the game often turns out that the top / bottom panel crawls out, which leads to inconvenience, as well as a spontaneous pause in the game every 30 seconds … It is clear that the work of WIN10 applications works this way,...
  8. PC lock up, while playing games.

PC lock up, while playing games.: Hello. New PC build in February and have been having random crashes only while games are running, I can not recreate the situation, crashes are sometimes days apart and other times I will get several in the same day. The crash is, PC will lock up completely as if a...
  9. Windows 10 Hanging while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hanging while playing games: Whenever i try to launch a game on windows 10 i can play normally for 3-20 minutes before Windows hangs (perm Freeze) and i have to restart. I am having this problem on all the games i have tried (roblox, besiege, terraria, minecraft, team fortress 2) except pokemon tcgo,...
  10. BSOD while playing games on Windows 10

BSOD while playing games on Windows 10: Good evening. Recently since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8 on my spare laptop, I've been running into the BSOD while playing Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft. This occurs somewhat randomly, and has even occurred while just browsing the internet. I've attached the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system hibernates when gaming

2. windows 10 hibernating automatically while playing games