Windows 10: Windows 10 locking out older USB licensing security key dongle. wont allow

Discus and support Windows 10 locking out older USB licensing security key dongle. wont allow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read some of the forums regarding this problem with older or 3rd party software. We need an older software to work on Windows 10, called Carbon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nicolakps, May 20, 2021.

1. nicolakps Win User

Windows 10 locking out older USB licensing security key dongle. wont allow

I have read some of the forums regarding this problem with older or 3rd party software. We need an older software to work on Windows 10, called Carbon Coder, now out of production, to do transcoding at our TV station. It is enterprise software that though old is the best, and the updated Windows 10 is locking it out, and it seems to be a simple matter of disabling the security for the USB Drivers in windows 10 pro. Can you please help with this problem? Compatibility mode doesn't help. Is there any step by step measures to take in Windows 10 to help with t

:)

nicolakps, May 20, 2021
  2. O.O.R. Win User

Windows 10 cannot read USB security dongle

Hi!

I believe this still does not reply the question. The author wrote: "Unfortunately I have no access to technical support of the application because support has expired." which basically contradicts the next suggestion from the support: "I suggest you to keep
    in touch with the manufacturer website until they develop the latest driver".

FlexLM/FlexID is commonly used to lock the license to a single user. The FlexID dongle driver is available and fully integratable into Windows 10. The device is seen after installing the driver.

Also SW package (in my case Agilent/Keysight ADS 2011 and 2009) can also be installed to Windows 10. Nevertheless the SW license tool does not find an access (or have no right) to the FlexID dongle.

This looks to me like Windows 10 does not provide the particular communication between SW (ADS), Driver (FlexID_dongle_driver) and HW (USB dongle). Could be also related to the rights provided by OS to the SW and access of the SW to drivers.

Do you have any other suggestions, what could be checked/changed within OS itself other then "keep in touch with the manufacturer"?

Thank you!

With kind regards,

Alex

O.O.R., May 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 20, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Apacer Introduces UrKey Security Dongle

Apacer's UrKey USB dongles use their exclusive CoreSecurity Technology for SSD core data security tailored for customers' system design and use. The newly launched UrKey USB dongle can trigger, enable or remove the three major special security instructions of CoreSecurity through its usb-based 2-way dongle. These include CoreEraser, CoreDestroyer and CoreProtector, which deliver quick erase, full erase and security protection that will facilitate data security and increase storage reliability. The UrKey technology acts as a literal key for computer security. Once inserted in the preset USB slot, it will easily activate any CoreSecurity function and quickly ensures security protection.

Windows 10 locking out older USB licensing security key dongle. wont allow 93a_thm.jpg

Specifically, the UrKey acts as a token for activating or triggering security functions. The UrKey is pre-programmed with the designated Apacer security features of Erase, Destroy, or Write Protect, depending on the specific request. Each UrKey is unique to its paired SSD due to the identification recognition process. In other words, the identifications between the UrKey and the SSD have to match in order to trigger the security feature. If the UrKey is connected with another SSD, the drive's firmware will not be able to recognize the ID and thus there will be no function triggered.

btarunr, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 locking out older USB licensing security key dongle. wont allow - Similar Threads - locking older USB

2. Usb security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb security key: I would like to logon on my local administrator account with a security usb key; is this possible? And if it is, how do I do it and which brand + type can you recommend?My windows 11 is a home edition....
  3. Usb security key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb security key: I would like to logon on my local administrator account with a security usb key; is this possible? And if it is, how do I do it and which brand + type can you recommend?My windows 11 is a home edition....
  4. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share USB License Dongle over network?: How do you share a USB License/Security Dongle, over a network? So that PC-1 has a Security USB Dongle License connected to it and I would like PC-2, PC-3, PC-4, to all be able to access the license on the Dongle that is connected to PC-1.The dongle only includes 1 license,...
  5. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to share USB License Dongle over network?: How do you share a USB License/Security Dongle, over a network? So that PC-1 has a Security USB Dongle License connected to it and I would like PC-2, PC-3, PC-4, to all be able to access the license on the Dongle that is connected to PC-1.The dongle only includes 1 license,...
  6. How to share USB License Dongle over network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. usb security key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    usb security key: wont finich had an error cant remember which one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-security-key/986dec62-dc92-442e-9e2c-9d2e6a626fb8"
  8. USB Security key is not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Security key is not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]USB Security Keys are a secure medium to authenticate various components on a computer. Security keys can be used to log in to Windows 10. With the advancement of web APIs a user can authenticate across websites as well, using [...] This post USB Security...
  9. Security wont allow windows defender to turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security wont allow windows defender to turn on: I have a brand new computer just a week old and since my latest insider update (14971) I cannot turn on or update "Windows Defender". I get this error when I attempt to turn on Defender in Settings: THIS APP IS TURNED OFF BY GROUP POLICY to allow this app to run, contact...
  10. USB 4G Modem Dongle wont detect on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 4G Modem Dongle wont detect on windows 10: hey, well i upgraded to windows 10 and i use a usb 4g dongle to connect to the net, all software was installed for the device but it would not get detected, just kept saying unable to detect 4g modem, but all lights were flashing on the device. if anyone else has had...