Windows 10: Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

Discus and support Windows 10 locking randomly while in use in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jakebreue, Nov 15, 2020.

1. jakebreue Win User

Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

Hello,

I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say something like your PC is locking now, and i have tried driver updates, windows was up to date, ran windows security and found nothing, and the sleep settings are set to "Never". sometimes she has random Malware extensions installed on her Google Chrome Browser and i don't think that has anything to do with the locking.

Please give me a few options to try!

Thank you!

:)

jakebreue, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

1. Windows 10 locking randomly while in use - Similar Threads - locking randomly while

2. Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle: Good evening. My PC has been randomly freezing multiple times today. Either the screen will be on and the mouse will just stop moving or when the system is idle and I go to move the mouse to awaken it it does nothing. I was working with Windows 11 Home, which I upgraded from...
  3. Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and 10 Desktop randomly freezing while using and while idle: Good evening. My PC has been randomly freezing multiple times today. Either the screen will be on and the mouse will just stop moving or when the system is idle and I go to move the mouse to awaken it it does nothing. I was working with Windows 11 Home, which I upgraded from...
  4. Windows 11 System locks randomly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System locks randomly while gaming: Hi.Once every few hours, my PC locks up while I am gaming. It suddenly freezes and no keyboard, or mouse inputs respond anymore. I can still hear audio from the game. Only fix I have found is turning off the power, and restarting.I have not been able to find anything related...
  5. Windows 11 System locks randomly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System locks randomly while gaming: Hi.Once every few hours, my PC locks up while I am gaming. It suddenly freezes and no keyboard, or mouse inputs respond anymore. I can still hear audio from the game. Only fix I have found is turning off the power, and restarting.I have not been able to find anything related...
  6. Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled): I have a Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition (full OS version, software stack, and config details at link) with a Logitech BRIO 4K and Kensington Verimark fingerprint reader I have set up with Windows Hello. The PC will sometimes randomly lock itself while I'm using it. It seems...
  7. Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use: I have a fully patched and updated Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition full specs and config info at link with Logitech BRIO 4K webcam connected. I use the webcam for Windows Hello Face login. I'm frequently having an issue in which the PC will suddenly lock itself during use....
  8. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  9. Locks me out while in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locks me out while in use: Yesterday I got locked out for the first time while in use and it has been happening quite a few times since. Ive ran a power troubleshoot and found nothing wrong and I have my display adapters fully upgraded which were the 2 methods recommended to me but it still seems to be...
  10. Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10: It all started when I installed Windows 10 on release day. (I was using windows 7 before). I downloaded mumble and then all my games and started playing with friends. After a while I noticed that my friends weren't responding to me I alt tabbed and realized my push to talk...